I am in iPhone Hell!

arcurlyq

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I am using the 4S with iCloud and iTunes Match. Everything has been working fine for the past month since I got the phone. I subscribed to iTunes match the day it came out and it has been working flawlessly. Bought numerous apps and songs directly on my phone and no issues.

And then last night, everything went to hell.

I tried to update some apps on my phone. But when I entered in my password, it told me my password was incorrect. Tried a few more times and was still unable to download. I reset my password as directed, and still would not work. My new password worked on my computer, but would NOT work on my iPhone. I went to bed, hoping that it was just a glitch in Apple's servers and would be fixed in the morning.

Today, the problem was still there. I could enter in my password, but when an app tried to download, it would just constantly say, "Waiting..." and would get stuck. Then iTunes match just stopped working. I couldn't access any of my songs over the cloud.

I called Apple and after an hour on the phone, they still could not resolve the problem. They transferred me to a senior technical support person and he too was unable to resolve the issue. They were supposed to call me back within an hour, but close to 2 hours have passed and I've heard nothing. They claim to have found an error specific to my account but could not elaborate on what that error was.

While I was waiting, I attempted to sync my iPhone to my computer, but I kept getting an error message. So I did a "restore settings" just to see what would happen. Other than taking awhile to restore from a previous backup, it didn't solve my issue. Except now I have a TON of songs trying to download via iTunes match. Grrrr.

I LOVED iTunes Match and iCLOUD when they worked. But now I'm wondering what I paid all that money for ($25 plus the extra storage) if these services won't even work.

Am I the only one having issues with iTunes Match/iCloud/App Store? It is so weird that these services were all working flawlessly until yesterday. Nothing else changed with my iPhone.

Solublepeter

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar problem a few days ago, after deciding to reset my iPad from scratch to see if it improved safari stability (it didn't) I then set my iPad synching all the apps back over.

I disconnected my iPad from iTunes after 5 or so hours, thinking it would be up to date, but there were LOADS of apps left in the "waiting" state, I think there had been a user prompt (probably about some apps which had camera capability not being installable) It seemed the inlay way to get them to complete was reconnecting to iTunes and starting the synch again, it wasn't interested in trying using iCloud- and basically I am suggesting you try the same process with a physical connection.

A lot of customers of our "MailShot" group email app had trouble during the iOS5 upgrade process, with their devices in some cases losing track of the data that told it they had upgraded to "Pro" after the update app-restore process was interrupted, it is fine if they just uograde again (it is free a second time) but quite a few customers then installed the wrong app, and it's taken some time to sort out.)

I have to hope this is just teething troubles as things migrate to the cloud, I hope it's easier for everyone next time around.

Peter
Solubleapps

Last edited:

jlb21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Same sort of **** is happening to me now.....

iPhone 4 (VZW) purchased in October.

Kept up to date with everything. Currently running 5.1, etc.

Signed up for iTunes match last weekend.

During the upload process I was fine and able to play and DL any songs already matched/purchased/uploaded.

Right around the time the last songs uploaded (slow DSL), which was while both my wife and I were out of the house, Things started crapping out.

I showed 4 apps as having an update in App Store. I chose to update all. They got stuck in a waiting state. In addition, I am having all sorts of problems playing or DLing iTunes match music.

There is no apparent pattern to the songs having issues. I have done EVERYTHING suggsted in all sorts of threads short of resetting the phone (but I am not sure that will help).

I was able to clear the 4 apps by connecting to iTunes via USB, deleting them, then DLing the updates to the PC and then syncing them over.

But now any app I try to DL is getting stuck in a waiting state.

I have a genius appointment for tomorrow morning at the local mall, so we'll see what happens. I just made a good iCloud backup so I am set in case they want to reset or replace the phone.

It's just really weird. And frustrating. I can play/stream songs fine from iTunes on my laptop (which is an authorized device and not the mothership with our library). Yet it's mucked on the phone.

fingers crossed.......

jlb21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Another weird one.....I just watched my phone set itself back an hour. Went into settings and it changed itself to Chicago timezone rather than East Coast/NY. I changed it back. Saw it happen one more time. Haven't since.

Any chance that this bug could be impacting the App store/iTunes match? I don't see how, but you never know.

jlb21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
So I visited the genius bar this weekend and all is well with my phone. The rep I worked with said that I am not the first who has had this problem. Paraphrasing, the software for Match is somewhat heavy and can get corrupted when loading match up the first time. dunno.....

Anyways, I suppose with an empty store maybe they could find a way to delete just the offending files. But, alas, it is never empty in there and we did a full restore as new phone. And we did not restore from backup as if there was a corrupt file it could come right back down....

Anyways, I am a happy camper and Match is working GREAT now!!!!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro