iCloud email and verification?

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I have an iPhone 4s and just created an email account and after awhile I get that it cannot connect to the server. Is there anyone else having this problem. To let people know that this is a new phone and I have one other account and that is only for iTunes.

DJ

static|divide

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I have an iPhone 4s and just created an email account and after awhile I get that it cannot connect to the server. Is there anyone else having this problem. To let people know that this is a new phone and I have one other account and that is only for iTunes.

DJ

Are you by chance trying to connect with Outlook or an email program other than iPhone's internal mail program? I know Apple's support answer about setting up in third-party email programs, to include Outlook was WRONG.

In the step where they tell about the authentication type and ports to use for IMAP and SMTP, they made the error. Everything is correct as far as port numbers, etc... but when you're setting OUTGOING/SMTP authentication up, do not choose SSL as they say, choose TLS. If you choose SSL, it will stall up for a minute, then ultimately fail. Switching to TLS instantly authenticates.

If this isn't your case, please give some further detail as it was a bit ambiguous... Thanks...

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
This is a free me.com iCloud email that was set-up and is not going to any computer program. I have no other email set-up and have only my iTunes ID that I have been using for years and the message that I am getting is "Cannot Get Mail, The connection to the server failed, and a button that says OK". I keep getting the other folders appearing and disappearing every now and again. I'd try a restore but I don't want to lose my Data from my Games that I downloaded.
One of the things I am having problems with is when I click on the Outgoing Server options and I am in the default area I can not turn off the servers or adjust the options there.
DJ

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2