Sync 2 Photostreams to one PC?

kbcherry

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Hi All,

I attempted to search and found that some people may have similar questions but I couldn't find an answer that directly relates to my issue. My wife and I both have the iPhone 4S. We both have iCloud accounts, and both want to sync our PhotoStream to our home PC (Win 7 mcahine) so that we don't have to worry about doing it manually anymore. Does anyone know if this can be done? We don't want to share anything else, rather we just want our photos to back up automatically over wifi. Any thoughts? It appears that only one iCloud account can be active on the home pc at one time. I believe we need separate iCloud accounts for stuff like Find Friends, separate e-mail, etc.

Thanks!

B

bonesb

Chiming in here, sorry but there's no solution, not even on the Mac platform. :mad:

My workaround is to use either Evernote or Dropbox (How to Use Dropbox as Your Photo Sharing Gallery). I share a library with several friends with Evernote (a paid account, it's cheap and a free version works very very well). That's all I've got.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Bones, I think you missed the point of the question.

Kbcherry,
I haven't tried this so I'm not sure but do you and your wide have different user logins on the Win7 machine? If so I believe the iCloud control panel should have settings per user. You'd probably each have to make sure to login once a week or so, to guarantee a sync.

Possession

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, as posted above. I'm pretty sure it only syncs with one user account (As the default location for the iCloud folder is in User/Pictures). So as long as you and your wife have separate accounts, you can just install the program on each and log in to your accounts.

B

bonesb

Bones, I think you missed the point of the question.

Kbcherry,
I haven't tried this so I'm not sure but do you and your wide have different user logins on the Win7 machine? If so I believe the iCloud control panel should have settings per user. You'd probably each have to make sure to login once a week or so, to guarantee a sync.

Nope, I didn't. What you offered up, different logins or different PCs, I thought was a given and obvious. One Photostream per account, that's it. I have tried assimilating Photostreams into one account on a Mac and a PC and workarounds, there aren't any, and I've gone so far as to dive into a Windows Registry and Mac System Library. Third party solutions are the ticket, at least for now.

kbcherry

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for all of the replys. And actually, the idea of separate logins had not occurred to me, even though it may have been obvious. We have never used that functionality, and I'm not sure that we will. But thanks for the suggestions.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal