There are two things on my computer that I care about the most, they are music and pictures. Apple has got one covered with itunes match, but they are seriously lacking in the picture management department. Why not integrate the cloud in itunes with a killer picture and video management system? I am talking about the ability to upload all of your pictures and videos to the cloud, and a management system in itunes where you can sort by date taken, view in calendar view, ability to edit and crop, etc. and whatever you do on the comp, it will be visible on any apple device. I have to assume they are working on this as it is such an obvious need, but who knows! Thoughts anyone?
    12-03-2011 09:49 AM
    Sounds like wonderful idea. I don't dig the iTunes match thing but pics take up so much space on my devices. it would be nice to be able to access them anywhere without having to store them on the device.
    12-04-2011 07:28 PM
    I would hope that a service like this is implemented within the next year. I could see apple providing some type of bundle package for cloud storage. When you start adding everything up i.e. icloud backup on device, itunes match, a picture locker service, etc. could get real costly. I already pay 60 a year for Carbonite, 25 a year for match and 20 a year for icloud backup on device.
    02-08-2012 08:18 PM
    iCloud does sync your pictures to your computer if you are using a Mac and iPhoto.
    02-09-2012 12:22 PM
    iCloud does sync your pictures to your computer if you are using a Mac and iPhoto.
    Yes, but again, this is not the same concept as a service like itunes match. You should be able to access your photos from any computer and any device. What you described is more of a one way transfer to a single computer. I want to also take comfort in the fact that all my pictures are organized and backed up so if I lose my computer or if it crashes then I still have all the files. Sure I have carbonite, but my photo manager software would have to be reinstalled and reconfigured.
    02-09-2012 01:33 PM
    I'm definitely not a fan of PhotoStream. No customization options. It's so limited. It would be nice to seem something better.
    02-09-2012 06:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD