iCloud Calendar

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I have read lots of posts by folk wanting to sync Google Calendars with iCloud (me included). I don't want to sync, just transfer.

I have changed my mind about syncing and now want to solely use iCloud and not Google Calendars, as my calendar of choice and cease using Google Calendars completely..

There are a few instructions on the Internet but they seem to refer to a program on a MAC called iCal, I believe this program has an import option so you can import the iCal file from Google Calendars quite easily. However, I use a Windows PC and don't have a MAC. I access iCloud via the Internet and as such does not have the import option.

Is there a way to transfer my existing calendars to iCloud easily without having to manually input every single entry one-by-one?

Thanks.

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Sorry, not really. Nothing worked as such, but it did guide me to a different train of thought.

I am in the process of using Companion Link.

I will report back......

Last edited:

cosmicstar23

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
What I did was to manual create new calendars in iCloud and manual switch over those events over! However, if you have many events then this will be a lot of work!

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
In the end, I used CompanionLink to sync my Google calendars to Outlook. I then turned off the sync option in Exchange on my iPhone and chose to delete calendars off the phone.
In iTunes, I selected to sync Outlook Calendars with the iPhone and then did a sync. I then had all my calendar data on my phone.
Next I enabled calendars in iCloud on the phone. Everything was synced to the iCloud server and I could access my calendars on my PC too.

The only problem was the fact I had two active separate calendars, although the data was there in the iCloud calendar, both my individual calendar data had been merged.

It was very simple to 'un-merge', in fact it was a good idea because I cleared out a lot for dross at the same time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner