Duplicate Songs in iTunes Match

RC46

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Greetings,

I turned on iTunes match on my home computer and it did its thing scanning my library and uploading songs it could not match. I ended up with the message that my iTunes match library was ready to go with 3520 songs.

I turned on ITunes match on my iPhone 4s and it wiped my music then downloaded everything from match.

The weird thing is that my iPhone has 3750 songs on it. There are 230 duplicates. I narrowed down the issue to my iTunes purchased list. Every song that I purchased from iTunes is on my iPhone twice. So I deleted one copy from my iPhone and everything is hunky doory.

The only issue is that now I have the cloud icon next to the all the artist names that I deleted the dupes from. So my iPhone thinks that my iTunes match contains music that is not on my iPhone even though that is not the case.

Can anyone tell me how to correct this?

Thanks in advance:D

Last edited:

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
That's a mess! I have not tried match yet but that immediately turned me off. I don't want everything on my iPhone. Can anyone illuminate?

RC46

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
That's a mess! I have not tried match yet but that immediately turned me off. I don't want everything on my iPhone. Can anyone illuminate?

I should clarify that I intentionally downloaded all of my iTunes match library to my iphone. It was not automatic.

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I should clarify that I intentionally downloaded all of my iTunes match library to my iphone. It was not automatic.

In iTunes on your computer, you can remove those songs from the cloud, highlight them, right click, select delete and there'll be a small box to check to remove from the cloud, as well.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

RC46

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
In iTunes on your computer, you can remove those songs from the cloud, highlight them, right click, select delete and there'll be a small box to check to remove from the cloud, as well.

That would work but they are not duplicated in iTunes or in iTunes match but only on the iPhone.

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
This to me seems like a loser. I wanted to be able to stream. I can drag and drop to my iPhone from iTunes for free, whcy would I want to deal with this hassle and at a cost?

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
This to me seems like a loser. I wanted to be able to stream. I can drag and drop to my iPhone from iTunes for free, whcy would I want to deal with this hassle and at a cost?

Then don't! No one is making you use it. Try Google Music, it's free.

RC46

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Well turning it on and off does not help.

Its really not a big deal since I have deleted the dupes on the phone. Now I just have to put up with the little cloud icon telling me that I have music in the cloud that is not on the phone, when in fact that is not the case. I'm sure its just a bug that Apple will eventually fix.

In response to RingFinger I would say that you are correct and it is only worth it in certain situations. In my situation I could not be happier. I had close to 2000 songs that were ripped from my vinyl album collection using an early model USB turntable. Unfortunately the early software that came with these turntables could only encode at 128 kbps MP3's and are still analog and not digitally remastered. iTunes match took all of those tracks and converted them into full digitally remastered AAC files greater than 256 kbps. To me that is worth hundreds of dollars and I could not be happier.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox