I want iCloud sync for notifications

patricksmangan

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm using an iPhone 4s and an iPad 1. I think there should be icloud support for notifications i can turn on on each device to sync them. If i deal with my notifications on one device, i have the same ones on the lock screen of the other when and if i swap devices for some reason. Clearing or dealing with a notification should take it out on the other device if there is a douplicate from having the same account or the same apps set up. Also, i dont have texting on my ipad, but it would be cool if i got a text notification pushed from my phone to my ipad when i got a text to let me know. A step further would be to allow me to reply to the text on my ipad, which works by pushing through icloud to my phone, which can then send it out. Same for calls?

Of course with this idea, you can have notification icloud sync turned off if someone else in your family is using one of the other devices.

On thise note, is the weather app available for ipad that gives me the weather widgit in notification center?

Dome

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Agree!! This is probably my chief iOS complaint. What you described is how my multiple WebOS devices worked (touchpad and Pre-). However, I expect that a part of it was that there were no push notifications. If I read an Emil on the touchpad (thus clearing the notification), the phone would check the mail server at my configured interval and recognize the email was read and then clear it's own instance of the notification. So, I think the better notification handling behavior across multiple devices was a trade off for push capability.

So, while iOS 5 notifications are a huge improvement and very close to the webOS notifications I had become so fond of, I would love to see some solution for the multiple device scenario in a future release.

As a side note... Very happy with my iOS platform conversion. Not trying to troll with all those WebOS references. :)

patricksmangan

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
More notification grievances: shouldn't a notification go away after a press it the first time to go to it, even if it's a game notification? I think apple did a half assed job about notifications and the n. center, and has some bugs to fix. Also, I'm not getting Facebook notifications...
I don't want to have to dismiss all my notifications manually after I already went to whatever app it's about. That's as bad as needing to close all the apps I've been using after 20 accumulate in the fast app switching place, because I know that they big down the system, even if apple won't admit it.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Don't get mad at apple for the Facebook notifications, they are trash and don't work reliably at all....even before 5.0. Also, look at the developers for most of the notification issues.

patricksmangan

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
True, but apple has to approve the app. They could do more testing and judging about how these things behave, and use their weight as quality control.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice