iTunes Match & Album Artwork

NoleScream

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else have weird issues with album artwork after using iTunes Match?

I have an album that was fine before (purchased through iTunes), but since I've moved to iTunes Match only 2 out of the 9 songs have the artwork. The rest are blank. Prior to iTunes Match they were fine.

Suggestions anyone?

So far I've tried deleting the album on the iPhone and then re-downloading it from iTunes Match, but I have the same artwork issues.

NoleScream

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Partially answered my own question.

If I delete the album on the iPhone and then 1 by 1 go through the songs on it, it seems to download the artwork for the tracks properly.

Perhaps it's an issue with the servers being hammered at times?

bmuncy

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I have had the same issues because a lot of my music now doesn't have artwork to it but before iCloud all my music had some form of art work.

Jemjee

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Yes. Even music that was stored locally on my phone (and still is) is missing artwork after iTunes Match was turned on. Seems to be the only way to get the artwork back is to listen to a song, then skip to the next track, then skip back to the previous track. And that only works some of the time.

Zaphod0

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Yes. Even music that was stored locally on my phone (and still is) is missing artwork after iTunes Match was turned on. Seems to be the only way to get the artwork back is to listen to a song, then skip to the next track, then skip back to the previous track. And that only works some of the time.

This is exactly what is happening to me also. My iPhone will not cache the artwork. It appears to re-download the artwork almost every time I listen to most tracks. Also, when it has downloaded the artwork, you need to move away and move back to the "now playing" screen to get the phone to actually draw the artwork on screen.

Has anyone got any new light to shed on this problem?

Cheers,
Z

jlb21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if this is an iOS thing? Sometimes when I add a new Podcast to my Downcast app, I have to do something similar to get the podcast artwork to show.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2