I was wondering since I'm on att with no unlimited data. How much dara does streaming from the cloud use? How is the speed and performance?
    11-15-2011 11:22 AM
    If you don't have unlimited I would not recommend doing much. Because an iPhone downloads the song to your phone and each song will be around over 4mb.
    draztikrhymez likes this.
    11-15-2011 12:40 PM
    And iTunes Match doesn't stream! If you want to listen to it on your phone, or iPad, you have to download it.
    11-15-2011 04:08 PM
    True it doesn't stream on iPhones or iPads. But if you have two computers it can stream. I have a mac laptop that has no music on it, but I can stream my entire library to it.
    11-15-2011 04:20 PM
    Cool thanks, I forgot that it actually downloads and is not streaming.
    11-15-2011 07:14 PM
    One thing to note, when you choose to play a song not on your device but in your iTunes Match library, your phone actually downloads the song before and after the one you chose that are in the same album. So for every song you pick to listen to, you are actually donwloading 2 additional songs, see below. This kills over 3G, wifi of course it does not matter, but if you are on a tiered data plan, it uses way more data than is necessary

11-16-2011 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD