I currently have only 700MB storage left on my free 5GB storage plan. I have both my iPad 2 and the iPhone 4 that syncs and backs up to iCloud. I was looking at the abailar storage plans for purchase and had a quick question. Let's say I bought the 10GB storage plan for $20 a year, but later decide I need or want even more storage, and later on buy the $40 a year plan....would I be able to only have to spend the extra $20 difference between the plans , or would I have I spend the $60 all together for both plans?
    11-12-2011 11:31 AM
    How are you using so much ? You can cut space by lowering how many pics or videos are in your camera roll sync to a computer and add back as a folder on your phone that way they don't go to the cloud

As far as your question thou I'm not sure but I doubt they would double ding you like that

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-12-2011 12:04 PM
    That's a lot? I've got 5 devices syncing with it and have 4.2 gb left, as above, it's gotta be pics or vids

@dp_scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    11-12-2011 12:10 PM
    According to iCloud on the iPad, the iPad is taking up the most storage space within iCloud, taking up 3.7GB while the iPhone is only taking up 523MB of space.

In regards to the "double dipping" of Apple's iCloud storage plans, a friend of mine said: "I'm thinking unless the system doses prorated **** which I highly doubt it might be $60. But the system should be able to tell you have it already but I'm thinking you still pay full price."
    11-12-2011 01:58 PM
    Why is your backup so big ? Ur camera roll is small

If u had alot on camera before and deleted that is y the old backup is big I would delete that backup from iCloud and make a new one and you will get your space back

Or just wait till it backs up and overwrites it

11-12-2011 02:35 PM
    I don't have a lot of photos on my camera roll on the iPad, however there are a lot of photos stored on the Photo Stream section that I'm thinking is going towards the backup. I'm not entirely sure how to delete those photos from the Photo Stream. I like the Photo Stream option however I wish thee were an option to remove certain photos from it. If there is a way to delete specific photos from the Photo Stream I'm unaware of how, as I'm still "learning the ropes" of this whole iCloud system. As far as once the 5GB storage limit has been reached there will not be any backups that will begin again and override previous backups. This is the email Apple sent me:

As a reminder, iCloud comes with 5 GB of free storage. You are currently using 4.2 GB, which means your iCloud storage is almost full. When your storage is full, device backups to iCloud will stop and apps will no longer be able to save documents to iCloud.

Dear ****

To ensure your iCloud services continue without interruption, you can buy more storage or free up space by following the steps below:

Step 1: On your iOS device, go to Settings and tap iCloud.
    Step 2: Tap Storage & Backup.
    Step 3: Choose Buy More Storage to upgrade your storage plan, or Manage Storage to free up space in your account.
    Last edited by swampbaby985; 11-12-2011 at 02:56 PM.
    11-12-2011 02:53 PM
    According to iCloud on the iPad, the iPad is taking up the most storage space within iCloud, taking up 3.7GB while the iPhone is only taking up 523MB of space.

In regards to the "double dipping" of Apple's iCloud storage plans, a friend of mine said: "I'm thinking unless the system doses prorated **** which I highly doubt it might be $60. But the system should be able to tell you have it already but I'm thinking you still pay full price."
    It's showing Time as being huge!

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!
    11-12-2011 07:38 PM
    Am I the only seeing that? It's listed as 3.5GB by itself!!!

11-12-2011 07:41 PM
    I've noticed that as well, I don't really play around with what gets synced and backed up to iCloud, maybe if I turn off some of those apps from backing up to the cloud it'll free up space. However I was wondering what data exactly is apps like Time even backing up to the cloud?
    11-12-2011 08:24 PM
    I turned of that Time app from backing up to iCloud and gained a lot more storage space back. However I'd still like to know just what type of data were apps such as Time backin up to iCloud? Anyone know?

What about my intial question about Apple "double dipping" in regards to the storage plans, anyone know anything?
    11-13-2011 12:13 PM
    I turned of that Time app from backing up to iCloud and gained a lot more storage space back. However I'd still like to know just what type of data were apps such as Time backin up to iCloud? Anyone know?

What about my intial question about Apple "double dipping" in regards to the storage plans, anyone know anything?
    Apple doesn't double dip, at all, as a general rule, but you might get a better answer by asking them.

As to what's backed up, from what I've seen, it's pretty much anything to do with the app, currently loaded data, user log-ins, loaded articles, articles marked as read and etc. That's why I turned it off for most of that stuff, seems a waste of space to me.

11-13-2011 12:58 PM
    From the Apple site:

You can also buy additional storage space for an annual fee. If during the year you change your mind, you can:
    Cancel your storage upgrade immediately. Your credit card is charged only for the amount of time you used the upgrade, and your account returns to having 5 GB of free storage.

Link:
    iCloud: Manage or buy more iCloud storage

So, you can cancel at any time and just upgrade if you like.
    11-13-2011 03:14 PM

Ya I missed that time was using alott I don't use that app but def as to what it all was backing up

11-13-2011 03:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD