I'm searched for the answer for this question and didn't have any luck finding it. Hopefully someone who is more technically savy can help!

I have both an iPhone 4S and an iPad 2. The iPhone is connected to my work exchange account. I would like it to be able to write to the iCloud calendar so that I can view my work calendar on the iPad. I don't want to connect my iPad to my work exchange account because I have kids that use it.

Does anyone have a solution or is this even possible?

Thank you!
    11-01-2011 12:13 PM
    Unless I'm mistaken the Exchange calendar and iCloud are technically two different calendars, so what you add to the iCloud won't show in Exchange and vice versa. So you should be able to add iCloud calendar events on your phone or iPad and view them without the two calendars overlapping.
    11-01-2011 01:05 PM
    Do you know if there is a way that my Exchange events can be automatically added to my iCloud calendar or does it have to be done manually?

Thanks for your help!
    11-01-2011 11:27 PM
    AFAIK you'd have to do it manually. Not 100% on that but I use Exchange as well and my events don't sync to iCloud on their own.
    11-02-2011 09:14 AM
    I actually wanted to do this when I first set up my iPhone. In my experience, since the devices treat the calendars as completely separate, there's no way to get it to sync one calendar's entries to any of the other calendars. I am running Exchange and iCloud and can't accomplish it either.

If you want to do this, it has to be done on the back-end somehow. You could download the iCloud control panel for the computer and sync Outlook calendar to iCloud I believe. I see it as an option (although you may have to turn off OTA sync for your Exchange account period).

Is there any reason that you don't want to connect it to Exchange just for the calendar? Why not just turn Mail, Contacts and Reminders OFF? That would for sure be the cleanest way to do it. If you're worried about the kids messing with it, you could always hide it by default.
    11-04-2011 05:02 PM
    Um, how about a pretty simple solution? At least it works for me.

Spend a few bucks on a good calendar app that suits your needs - I also use Calvetica (allowed me to move events really quickly on iOS 4) and WeCal II (was the only calendar app I could find that allowed me to duplicate calendar events and swipe between days on iOS 4), and set different calendars as defaults on them - which I do. Calvetica is now free (the company has a newer version that I just can't stand) and WeCal II gets really good support.

Coming from another mobile OS platform I've been wanting to check out Pocket Informant, but I think that this app isn't universal - it's a separate purchase plus a $5 up charge for connection to an Exchange server (CALs aren't free, remember, and iOS is EAS, not real Exchange hence the need for a up charge).

Or find an app that your kids will love to look at and/or play with, and hide the relevant calendars/events in the apps they use - and put the calendar app they use or you give them permission to use on a different app screen. And, hide your work calendars in the native calendar - the notifications will still go off even if the calendars are hidden! Hope this helps?
    11-05-2011 03:55 AM
    The calendar app I've found that does it all and is universal is Calengoo. I have yet to think of a feature I need or want that isn't in there already.
    11-05-2011 09:02 AM
    The calendar app I've found that does it all and is universal is Calengoo. I have yet to think of a feature I need or want that isn't in there already.
    Maybe iCloud and Exchange support, which is what the OP was asking about?
    11-06-2011 02:05 AM
    Hi
    I use windows live for contacts, e-mail and calendar on my PC.

I have set my iPhone and iPad to synchronise between all three, seamlessly.

So until I can get the iCloud to sync I shall continue using live, why do I need the cloud for this ?

Eric
    12-11-2011 03:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD