Hi, my wife just cracked her screen today and needed to swap out her phone. Before she brought it back she plugged it into itunes, but not knowing, the option was checked in itunes to back up to cloud not the computer. She does have icloud enabled on her phone. I checked into the sync history in her itunes and it says a couple weeks ago. My question is, would you advise not plugging into itunes to restore, rather doing it from her phone with the cloud, just based on the fact that she did not backup to the computer the last time she plugged into itunes? Chances are her phone did back up to the cloud last night when she charged it. Please advise. Thanks.
    10-31-2011 05:39 PM
    I would try going from the cloud first and see what restores if its. Or good them try the computer

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    10-31-2011 05:41 PM
    I guess my next question is, is there any type of backup going on anywhere when you wifi sync or plug into itunes and the option backup to cloud is checked?
    10-31-2011 06:01 PM
    Normally anytime you sync it should do a backup first ..
    Im not sure of it does if iCloud is turned on thou
    Try a google search for the iTunes backup directory

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    10-31-2011 06:26 PM
    I guess my next question is, is there any type of backup going on anywhere when you wifi sync or plug into itunes and the option backup to cloud is checked?
    Nope -- it will only backup to your computer if you right click the iPhone in iTunes and choose backup (in-other-words you have to do it manually if you are set to iCloud sync), otherwise it is iCloud only.
    10-31-2011 06:50 PM
    Hi, my wife just cracked her screen today and needed to swap out her phone. Before she brought it back she plugged it into itunes, but not knowing, the option was checked in itunes to back up to cloud not the computer. She does have icloud enabled on her phone. I checked into the sync history in her itunes and it says a couple weeks ago. My question is, would you advise not plugging into itunes to restore, rather doing it from her phone with the cloud, just based on the fact that she did not backup to the computer the last time she plugged into itunes? Chances are her phone did back up to the cloud last night when she charged it. Please advise. Thanks.
    I would backup from the Cloud. Thats probably the most recent backup.
    11-01-2011 02:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD