Backing up notes??

phillies20

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I have icloud set to backup my notes.. I set up an @me email as well. now, how do I see my notes? where do they back up to? they are not seen in icloud.com.. that only has contacts, email and find my phone.. please help?

phillies20

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I just did a manual icloud backup. went into icloud.com and into email and there is a notes folder below but its empty?? ugh, I totally don't get the point of this icloud. I can't get anything to work. not notes, can't find any photos.. totally frustrated...

phillies20

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Bump..

can someone please help me?? i have like 10 notes on my iphone.. I have icloud with an @me email.. where are my notes being backed up to?? I can't find them anywhere...

auntiewiv

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
If they are being sync'd to iCloud then you can view them in the email page on www.icloud.com

If the notes existed on the phone before you signed upto iCloud then they won't sync. I had to copy and paste into a new note to copy mine.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Last edited:
Reactions: tallarob

phillies20

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Ah. I see!!! yea, these were notes I had before icloud... I will try to create a new one and see if it backs up tonight.. thanks!!

aapierre

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
new ones dont sync for me - is there a setting in itunes when i sync manually that i should click to ensure they hit the @me email ?

tallarob

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I've been wondering about Notes as well and found this thread. Thanks for your help. As mentioned above, I had to create a copy of an earlier note to get it to backup.

romperXzu

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I have an identical problem - I want to keep the notes on my iPhone backed up, so I opted out for enabling iCloud sync. However, none of my iphone notes were indeed transferred to my icloud account. I have been waiting for more than an hour now. I just want to save my notes since I have some 100 + of them and don't want to loose access to them should something happen to the iphone.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I have an identical problem - I want to keep the notes on my iPhone backed up, so I opted out for enabling iCloud sync. However, none of my iphone notes were indeed transferred to my icloud account. I have been waiting for more than an hour now. I just want to save my notes since I have some 100 + of them and don't want to loose access to them should something happen to the iphone.

Make your iPhone start an iCloud backup and that should take care of it.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If you have a computer for this, I also recommend doing a manual backup to iTunes. iCloud backups can go haywire, and if your notes are that important to you, it will give you an additional source for them. I let the nightly automatic backups to iCloud run, but every Sunday, I do manual full backups to iTunes.

Kaitokomauri

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I have an identical problem - I want to keep the notes on my iPhone backed up....

I'd use iCloud backup and leave it overnight. Make sure to understand the difference between iOS iCloud backup and syncing your iphone notes with the icloud.

The first is what you need in order to keep your iphone notes backed up and what you would eventually need in case you need to restore your iphone. To enable iCloud backup go to Settings > iCloud > Storage and Backup and toggle the "iCloud Backup" switch to On.

The latter is just linking your iCloud account with your iPhone notes. Notes which already existed on your iphone before you enabled iCloud sync will not get transferred to your iCloud account.

romperXzu

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
so you mean that i cannot back up my notes from my iphone to my icloud account? why if I was able to do the same with my contacts already? I have two notes accounts "On My iPhone" and "iCloud" and these tend to be separate. There is no way for me to keep a backup copy of my "On my iPhone" notes?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
so you mean that i cannot back up my notes from my iphone to my icloud account? why if I was able to do the same with my contacts already? I have two notes accounts "On My iPhone" and "iCloud" and these tend to be separate. There is no way for me to keep a backup copy of my "On my iPhone" notes?

Whatever notes you have on your iPhone using the default Notes app will be "synced" to iCloud, if you have enabled iCloud. A copy of your notes can be viewed online at icloud.com and those notes should be restored if you were to restore your device and then login to iCloud via the device's iCloud setup. In the meantime, I suggest you open an Evernote account or something similar as a "backup" for your notes, especially those that are very important. Anyway, take care and have a great day...:)

Suheyla Afra

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
sorry for grammer, just writing this quickly.
I just wanted to write a response, just in case anyone else is reading this. Nobody at the Apple store really knew the answer I had to figure it out for myself.
My old iphone had a lot of software issues, it was then transferred to new iphone. I had to restore new iphone in order to get rid of the bugs. Also some of my notes, of course the most important ones, were not transferred to the new phone at set up. I was told to email the notes from old iphone. Well, the old iphone was not restored yet and still had problems so the emails were lost in the ethers, who knows. I didn't know until next day, should have checked email on the spot to see if sent. Anyway, so thinking they were emailed, we restored the old iphone to original settings, with most icloud data transferred, (EXCEPT the important notes, for some unexplainable reason, I've been trying to get on chat for two hours online, something must be wrong with their system, so I still don't know why, I think it's some type of glych.)
I followed some advise below, but to no avail.
I then did what the technician at Apple store advised, to restore the iphone while plugged into pc. I did that, still the important notes weren't transferred.
Now this is so weird and makes no sense,
-after restoring iphone while plugged into PC (I do not know if the restore was even needed to execute the following...so try doing it without first)
-in Settings where it lists icloud, mail, notes, reminders, phone, messages, etc.
-I clicked on Notes
-it had two selections: icloud or gmail, so weird because hotmail is technically my main email. (Again, the "mysteries" of Apple ensue)
-where it said Default account, gmail was checked. hmm, gmail? that's weird I thought
-so I switched it to icloud
-when I went back into my Notes all the notes were magically there.
I have no idea how or why, but finally at ease....

I hope this can help somebody out!
Good luck.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I just did a manual icloud backup. went into icloud.com and into email and there is a notes folder below but its empty?? ugh, I totally don't get the point of this icloud. I can't get anything to work. not notes, can't find any photos.. totally frustrated...

Turn your iCloud email off in the notes app and then you will see them in the notes folder in your iCloud email. So if you want your notes in the notes app, then do nothing. If you turn off iCloud in Notes, they are moved to the email and will no longer be in the Notes app. But they are backed up in iCloud.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW