iCloud for dedicated back-up of photos?

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I have been looking for an online storage of my photos. This is for disaster recovery. Sharing and anything else is just an added bonus. This is HD crash, theft, house burning down kind of back-up. Would iCloud be a good choice for this? Right now I don't use any service as everything I have found had at least one major flaw I hated. I am using a PC so I don't have iPhoto so organization and auto-syncing are my concerns here. Thoughts?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
iCloud is only auto syncing with what's in your camera roll.

If you want something that will automatically sync with your pc so that you never have to worry about it, take a look at SafeSync from Trend Micro.. Like the commercial - set it and forget it.

jakeless.123

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
If u want online backups for your computer I hear Carbonite is a good service. There is also box.net that has accounts that start with 50gb of space for free! Not sure what their services entail, but they have an iPhone app as well.

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't need whole back-ups, just photos and few odd ball videos that are small made with my phone. Music and other easily replaced things I'm not worried about paying for online back-ups of, just my pictures that can't be replaced.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
box.net is great - it is my pick of the week. But it is not automatic. This is why I use SafeSync.

gewappnet

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
You could store all your pictures within the iPhone and iPad app GoodReader in the iCloud path. Then they would be automatically stored in iCloud.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73