Husband and I have been sharing iTunes account. He has PC, and iPhone 4s. I have iPad, iPhone 4s and PC. I updated my iPad to iOS5 and created a separate iCloud ID for me. I want my stuff to sync from my iPhone, iPad and PC, and he wants his stuff to sync between his phone and PC. We still would like to share apps/music and that's pretty much it. We previously had iPhone 3GS. We have never used Mobile Me.

I set up my new phone with new iCloud ID and his with our previous iTunes account info.

When I was using my new iCloud ID, I lost all the previous stuff from our shared account. Also, Siri will not work on my phone unless I'm logged in with our shared iTunes login.

I basically had to delete my new iCloud account and re-sync my phone with my PC so I could get all my info back.

I would really like to take advantage of this feature, but can't figure out what I did wrong or what steps I'm missing. Any help is greatly appreciated!
    10-20-2011 02:57 PM
    Hear ya

Yet another confusing service. Seems limited, expensive and not very useful.

I am receiving duplicate emails ever since I set it up.
    10-20-2011 09:04 PM
    Just go to settings , iCloud and delete account and click sign in with apple of your new apple ID Then in settings click store it should have ur original iTunes account if not sign out and sign in with that one .. That way all apps and purchases new an Previous can be loaded but your Icloud is on a separate id same go for game center so you can play eachother
    Asutten likes this.
    10-20-2011 09:16 PM
    Hear ya

Yet another confusing service. Seems limited, expensive and not very useful.

I am receiving duplicate emails ever since I set it up.
    Free is expensive? I've had no issues since day one.
    10-22-2011 03:34 PM
    Just go to settings , iCloud and delete account and click sign in with apple of your new apple ID Then in settings click store it should have ur original iTunes account if not sign out and sign in with that one .. That way all apps and purchases new an Previous can be loaded but your Icloud is on a separate id same go for game center so you can play eachother
    I tried and it worked! I think my Siri issues had to do with the issues Apple had during her launch. I had to do some tweaking on the calendar and I also had to download the iCloud manager for PC, but we are up and functioning as I hoped now. Thanks!
    10-23-2011 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD