I'm sorry but I'm still confused about adding multiple iCloud accounts.

anon(4718837)

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm really confused about this whole iCloud situation that I'm in. I've read all of the articles but they really didn't help. Let me try to explain my situation the best I can.

Me and my fianc? share one iTunes account. We want different iCloud accounts cause obviously we don't want each others data showing up on our phones.

Now awhile back I made a MobileMe account for find my iPhone. I used the same @aol.com account that I use for my Apple ID.

When I upgraded our phones to iOS 5 I entered in the same email I use for my Apple ID and MobileMe. Now since I signed into iCloud with my MobileMe account I received an email saying the MobileMe has been converted to an iCloud account.

Now what steps do I need to take so that my fia nc? and I can have our own separate iCloud accou nts on our devices? Here are a few questions I have.

Would it be ok for me to keep the same @aol.com account that I use for iTunes for my iCloud account or can I make a different one?

How does my fianc? go about making her own iCloud account?

Another thing is since we've been sharing the same Apple ID our Game Center has both my friends and hers. What would we need to do about getting different accounts for Game Center?

Any help or advice is appreciated!!

kbongard1

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't know much about transferring from MobileMe - but I can try to help with a few things...

- You can both continue to use your shared apple id @aol for iTunes... Just go into settings/store on your devices and ensure your apple Id is correct at the bottom. You can sign in/out separately here from iCloud.
- to create new iCloud accounts you have to have other apple id's. you can create new apple id's (as many as you want) with any valid email account. Go here to set it up: https://appleid.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MyAppleId.woa/wa/createAppleId?localang=en_US
- once you've set these up, set up a new iCloud account on your own Apple device with your own separate apple id's (settings/iCloud). This can be different from your iTunes apple id - or (only) one of you can use your same @aol account that you already had.
- you may need to sign out of your old account - make sure you keep your info on your device, which would then be sync'd to your new account.
- for game centre, one of you (like - the one with less friends:)) may need to sign out and start again with one of your new apple id's

Hope this helps...

anon(4718837)

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't know much about transferring from MobileMe - but I can try to help with a few things...

- You can both continue to use your shared apple id @aol for iTunes... Just go into settings/store on your devices and ensure your apple Id is correct at the bottom. You can sign in/out separately here from iCloud.
- to create new iCloud accounts you have to have other apple id's. you can create new apple id's (as many as you want) with any valid email account. Go here to set it up: https://appleid.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MyAppleId.woa/wa/createAppleId?localang=en_US
- once you've set these up, set up a new iCloud account on your own Apple device with your own separate apple id's (settings/iCloud). This can be different from your iTunes apple id - or (only) one of you can use your same @aol account that you already had.
- you may need to sign out of your old account - make sure you keep your info on your device, which would then be sync'd to your new account.
- for game centre, one of you (like - the one with less friends:)) may need to sign out and start again with one of your new apple id's

Hope this helps...

So all my fianc? needs to do is sign out of the Apple ID that we are sharing under store in settings? Then just make a new Apple ID and new iCloud account then once that is done sign back in with the Apple ID we want to share?

Thank u for the help!!

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Don't sign out under store because thats the apple of you want to share to download app music etc. under settings iCloud on the bottom press delete when it asks to keep info on phone or delete press keep ... So when You log in with new iCloud it will sync her info

Now make a new iCloud / apple id After u create the Icloud you will have to verify the address by clicking a link in the email you set up as the Id
then log in with the new id under settings iCloud

now your fianc?e will have her Id for iCloud find my iPhone etc. but under store you still both will use the same original Id for purchases.

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Last edited:

epb

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Now what steps do I need to take so that my fia nc? and I can have our own separate iCloud accou nts on our devices?.

Right now you've got 2 iCloud accounts. You have one assigned to your AppleID and one assigned to your old MobileMe ID. All you need to do is leave both iDevices signed into your AppleID, but in Settings/iCloud sign into the separate accounts - one using the AppleID, the other using the MeID.

For example, I'm echopeterbravo@appleid.com on both machines, but for one device my iCloud account is echopeterbravo@appleid.com and for the other my iCloud is set to echopeterbravo@me.com. Same account, separate clouds.

anon(4718837)

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Ok so what if I want a different @me account? Can I just go to iCloud then delete account or will that mess something up since I'm using the same email account that I use for my Apple ID?

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal