Icloud Contacts double up with another iphone

mfs77

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
My wife & I have the one itunes accounts for our iphones and we have sperate contacts. I updated to IOS5 last night on both iphones and because we have the one cloud account we now have each others contacts. Is there anyway I can reverse this so we just have our own contacts.

Can I open a separate itunes account for her? If so can she access all my music?

ktrent#CB

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
I have same question. Fortunately for me I have not messed up our contacts yet. I am sticking with google for contacts and calendars. We would like to use the cloud for pics. I am waiting for a few weeks until we get some more info.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
My wife & I have the one itunes accounts for our iphones and we have sperate contacts. I updated to IOS5 last night on both iphones and because we have the one cloud account we now have each others contacts. Is there anyway I can reverse this so we just have our own contacts.

Can I open a separate itunes account for her? If so can she access all my music?

Use the same itunes for apps and songs, create DIFFERENT icloud account so each of you can have different contacts, mail, etc. that's the way I have it with my wife

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Same icloud would only be helpful if you have an iphone and an ipad and want them to have everything sync on both devices...

mg48

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
It's actually very useful for PhotoStream & backup.

I agree. I use the same iCloud acct so my family of 4 can share the photo stream. I turned off all the other iCloud sync options and will use the iTunes wifi sync to our macs to keep backups.

porkozone#IM

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I agree. I use the same iCloud acct so my family of 4 can share the photo stream. I turned off all the other iCloud sync options and will use the iTunes wifi sync to our macs to keep backups.

That's what I'm planning with my wife and I once I get her updated.

We will both use the same iCloud account to share photostream (to auto import both of our camera rolls to both of our iPhoto libraries) as well as calendars and find my iPhone/Computers.

I will use the mail and contacts sync via iCloud as well, and backup my iPhone via iCloud

She will sync contacts via itunes wifi sync, and her backup will be local to iTunes via wifi sync also.

Wifi sync for both of us will automatically push our newly imported (from photostream) iPhotos back to our phones at the next wifi sync.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro