I upgraded my iPad to iOS5 this morning. Everything went well, but I'm having some trouble with the iCloud email account. I set it up on the iPad and tested it. I was able to send an email to my Gmail account and it worked perfectly. But when I send a reply back to the @me.com account, I get a message back in Gmail telling me the message is undeliverable. So I can send emails without a problem, but I can't receive them for some reason. Any ideas? I was thinking that not having iCloud backup enabled might be causing the issue (every time I try to enable I get a error telling me that it can't, with the option to cancel or try again) but I'm not really sure if that would affect it or not.
    10-13-2011 07:35 AM
    Same issue here. I get e-mails fine, but I cannot send from the account. I'm attributing it to their SMTP servers just being overloaded, but we will have to wait and see.
    10-13-2011 08:16 AM
    That could be. Shouldn't I get a "Welcome to iCloud" type of email, as well? I have yet to see anything like that. I don't know. I'm just speculating at this point.
    10-13-2011 08:56 AM
    Same issue here. I can't send from my phone. It gives me a server rejected this message error. I do notice that when I compose an email on my phone, it pulls from my apple id...which isn't a valid email account. Maybe that's the issue. When I go to iCloud.com, it works fine.
    10-14-2011 10:16 AM
    Same issue here. I can't send from my phone. It gives me a server rejected this message error. I do notice that when I compose an email on my phone, it pulls from my apple id...which isn't a valid email account. Maybe that's the issue. When I go to iCloud.com, it works fine.
    Same exact issues. Sounds like MobileMe Launch all over again!!
    10-14-2011 10:21 AM
    I'll be calling Apple about this.
    10-14-2011 10:23 AM
    Same here. I can send/receive from iWork.com but not on my iPad?
    10-14-2011 02:22 PM
    I have an open case with Apple about this.
    10-14-2011 02:38 PM
    That could be. Shouldn't I get a "Welcome to iCloud" type of email, as well? I have yet to see anything like that. I don't know. I'm just speculating at this point.
    Yeah, you should definitely be getting a "Welcome to iCloud" email.
    10-14-2011 02:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD