Can't Send iCloud Email

Manchild Pr0digy

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded my iPad to iOS5 this morning. Everything went well, but I'm having some trouble with the iCloud email account. I set it up on the iPad and tested it. I was able to send an email to my Gmail account and it worked perfectly. But when I send a reply back to the @me.com account, I get a message back in Gmail telling me the message is undeliverable. So I can send emails without a problem, but I can't receive them for some reason. Any ideas? I was thinking that not having iCloud backup enabled might be causing the issue (every time I try to enable I get a error telling me that it can't, with the option to cancel or try again) but I'm not really sure if that would affect it or not.

Kylazin

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Same issue here. I get e-mails fine, but I cannot send from the account. I'm attributing it to their SMTP servers just being overloaded, but we will have to wait and see.

Manchild Pr0digy

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
That could be. Shouldn't I get a "Welcome to iCloud" type of email, as well? I have yet to see anything like that. I don't know. I'm just speculating at this point.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Same issue here. I can't send from my phone. It gives me a server rejected this message error. I do notice that when I compose an email on my phone, it pulls from my apple id...which isn't a valid email account. Maybe that's the issue. When I go to iCloud.com, it works fine.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Same issue here. I can't send from my phone. It gives me a server rejected this message error. I do notice that when I compose an email on my phone, it pulls from my apple id...which isn't a valid email account. Maybe that's the issue. When I go to iCloud.com, it works fine.

Same exact issues. Sounds like MobileMe Launch all over again!!