I'm fairly new to Mac's, does anyone know how to setup one's iCloud to sync with Outlook (mail, calendar, and contacts) on a Mac?

Thanks
    10-12-2011 09:19 PM
    The Mac Outlook application isn't able to fully connect to your iCloud (or MobileMe) data. MS hasn't released a sync services connector yet. Outlook for the Mac is still strictly an email or Exchange account app. There's only a few other connectors available for Outlook 2011 but you'd be cribbing a workflow together, sad to report, and none of them connecting to iCloud (yet) - one of them is TungleMe, which is now owned by RIM but still open to other platforms

For email: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT4864
    For contacts and calendar, you'll have the "On My Mac" option - local copies that sync between iCal/Address Book and Outlook.
    10-12-2011 11:08 PM
    Anyone know if Microsoft has updated so iCloud will sync with Outlook? If not, then I guess I should just use Mail in order to enable my contacts, mail and calendar to be the same on my iPad and iPhone.
    02-11-2012 11:19 PM
    Anyone know if Microsoft has updated so iCloud will sync with Outlook? If not, then I guess I should just use Mail in order to enable my contacts, mail and calendar to be the same on my iPad and iPhone.
    Not that I'm aware of and I'm not so sure Microsoft would be the ones to make that change. Could be wrong though.
    iGrannyApple likes this.
    02-14-2012 10:14 AM
    Not that I'm aware of and I'm not so sure Microsoft would be the ones to make that change. Could be wrong though.
    Yea I think Apple would need to release a plug-in type thing for Outlook like Google has for syncing Gmail to Outlook.
    Last edited by sting7k; 02-15-2012 at 08:54 AM.
    02-15-2012 08:52 AM
    Thanks everyone!
    02-15-2012 12:02 PM
    Yea I think Apple would need to release a plug-in type thing for Outlook like Google has for syncing Gmail to Outlook.
    And I'm guessing those waiting for it will never see it. Guess it's a perk of owning a Mac.
    02-15-2012 07:13 PM
    Maybe I am missing something, but why would you even worry about that?

I mean, you have an exchange account, right? Then you just setup your phone, pad, mac, whatever, to use the exchange account info and it all stays in sync because the exchange server is in the middle. No need for icloud in this case, right?

For example, I have my Windows laptop/outlook and my iphone both configured for exchange. Contacts, mail, calendars all stay in sync across all. And I am not using iCloud for anything other than "find my iPhone".
    03-02-2012 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD