Outlook Setup for iCloud Error

pegasusl

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Hi all

Searched but cant find any help on this...

I've upgraded to iOS5 on my iPhone 4...YIPPEE
I've downloaded iCloud setup for my PC
I've launched iCloud control panel
I've ticked "Contacts with Outlook" and "Calendars & Tasks with Outlook" then clicked on "Apply"

The status bar begins and files begin to transfer the I get an error message saying "OUTLOOK SETUP ERROR"..."Your setup couldn';t be started because of an unexpected error"

Any ideas guys? Anyone else having this trouble?

Just for info I am running Vista, and Outlook 2007

Cheers

Chris

pegasusl

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Want to post this as I really want to throttle the life out of the nerd in Apple who design the piece of **** called iCloud

I tried to isolate which bit of the sync with outlook was causing the trouble...so instead of clicking on "Contacts with Outlook" and "Calendars & Tasks with Outlook", i did them one at a time...

Contacts gave the same error so I guess that was pretty clear....

Calendars and tasks ran through!!! Yippee I thought....

Then when I opened iCloud my calendars (I have a few set up in Outlook) were all showing loads of duplicate entries (8 or more of every entry).

I re-opened Outlook to find that all of my original calendars are now MISSING and have been over written by the complete garbage that iCloud had produced..!

Thanks Apple for completely screwing up my Outlook.... I'm running a system restore and hoping beyond hope that it puts Outlook back to normal.

Does anyone out there know how can I make sure that iCloud never touches my Outlook again?

EDIT...

Restore didn't work but I managed to restore Outlook from a backup file...PHEW

iCloud will NEVER get back on my PC

Last edited:

papus123

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Outlook Setup error even synching only photos

I have an iPad2 with IOS5 and a PC with Windows 7 and a old 2002 version of Outlook, that I almost never use. I use Hotmail for mail.
On the iCloud window of Control Panel I check only Photo Stream.
When I click Apply I get an Outlook Setup error.
I am not even trying to sync anything related to Outlook.
iPad2 is a great toy, whoever designed the interaction with the Windows world is an idiot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2