OK, here is another version of what everyone is talking about and I have some additional questions. Both wife and I have Iphone 4. We share our apple itunes account. I definitely want and need to sync to icloud. She doesn't need to but it would be nice. We certainly don't want to share contacts, calendar, email, etc. The only thing we need to make sure is that we don't have to purchase apps twice, but we both have different ones on our phones. So we don't want them to sync to each other. Can someone please explain the best way to accomplish this. We will be updating tonight. Thanks in advance.
    10-12-2011 02:57 PM
    Use different id's for icloud. Same id for apple store account.
    Last edited by Garz; 10-12-2011 at 04:31 PM.
    Dean211284 likes this.
    10-12-2011 03:27 PM
    OK, here is another version of what everyone is talking about and I have some additional questions. Both wife and I have Iphone 4. We share our apple itunes account. I definitely want and need to sync to icloud. She doesn't need to but it would be nice. We certainly don't want to share contacts, calendar, email, etc. The only thing we need to make sure is that we don't have to purchase apps twice, but we both have different ones on our phones. So we don't want them to sync to each other. Can someone please explain the best way to accomplish this. We will be updating tonight. Thanks in advance.
    I'm in the same situation, you can both keep the same itunes account so you'll only pay once for apps that you both use, now for iCloud you need to have different @me accounts since you dont want to share email, calendar, etc. This is the way i set it up and I'm already on ios 5, make sure you download ios 5 on your iphones.
    10-12-2011 04:00 PM
    Use different id's for icloud. Same id for apple store account. It's really not that hard.
    It's not that hard for you... It's understandable many people have no idea how this works.
    10-12-2011 04:03 PM
    Use different id's for icloud. Same id for apple store account. It's really not that hard.
    Where does it give you the option of using different ID's for icloud. I too am waiting on my phones Friday. However, I just install IOS 5 on my Gen 1 ipad and transferred some data to the cloud. It is using by apple store acct Id.

PS. should I have an icloud icon on the ipad. I do not!
    10-12-2011 04:25 PM
    I upgraded to 5.0 and there was never any option to use anything but my itunes account for icloud. I haven't upgraded my wife's phone yet because since we share the same itunes account I am assuming that it will force me to use the same icloud account. How do I get a separate icloud account. Also, now that I have backed up with my itunes account to icloud, am I able to change that. Please help?!

I'm in the same situation, you can both keep the same itunes account so you'll only pay once for apps that you both use, now for iCloud you need to have different @me accounts since you dont want to share email, calendar, etc. This is the way i set it up and I'm already on ios 5, make sure you download ios 5 on your iphones.
    10-13-2011 08:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD