Merging apple ID into single @me.com ID

canadu

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
I know I'm not alone but after 3 years of MobileMe, my gmail ID is still my master apple ID. I know there have been consolidation talks in the past but nothing ever happened. I really hate hate to log into iCloud with my gmail email address to access my @me.com email.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

isrararrafi

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I think it's possible now...I can sign in to iCloud using both my iTunes ID (yahoo ad) or my newly created .me email ad and check my me.com emails and everything

isrararrafi

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I think so.

Until yesterday I was able to sign into iCloud.com using my computer but not iPad. Today I used my iPad to go to iCloud.com and saw a different page about setting up my device. Still can't sign in tho because when I click setup it says page is not available. Haven't checked with a computer today.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I know I'm not alone but after 3 years of MobileMe, my gmail ID is still my master apple ID. I know there have been consolidation talks in the past but nothing ever happened. I really hate hate to log into iCloud with my gmail email address to access my @me.com email.

I'm in a similar situation and you can not yet merge Apple ID's at this point in time.

WSPNC

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm in a similar situation and you can not yet merge Apple ID's at this point in time.

Meaning it's not possible with the current icloud software or until we update to iOS 5? Is it possible to merge an apple ID where I have made all of my purchases on into a new apple ID? My old email address that I used as an apple ID is no longer active.

canadu

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
Drats!!! I'm still hopeful since it's been a while since Apple kicked google off their board, I just want to do the same off my Mac and iOS devices.

Disclosure - I used google to google possible solution.

diamonddialogue

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
It's just not possible yet, software wise. I guarantee this will be an option, though, eventually. I think more will roll out come public release.

canadu

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
Update:
I was able to login with my gmail apple id but my services such as FaceTime, iMessage, etc all use my me address. I believe in due time both id's will merge. I'm kinda happy with the outcome so far.

Kylazin

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
So, I set up my iCloud using my Apple ID (currently @gmail) and then I created a new iCloud e-mail address (@me). I can use both to log into the iCloud.com website, and they both allow me to check my calendar and contacts and such. What will happen if I change my AppleID to my iCloud e-mail? Will I break something because iCloud is currently set up under my @gmail account? Will the computer not see it is the same AppleID?

EDIT: Nevermind, it won't allow me to use a mobileme account as my primary Apple ID, I guess I'll be keeping my @gmail as the hub of all my Apple services. Oh well.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods