iCloud iTunes / me.com

mitsui

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi

I do have all my apps on my iTunes account and i also do have an me.com email account. What shall I do tomorrow, with which account shall I register? And how do I merge these accounts?

Many thanks.

isrararrafi

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Well, wheni tried to set it up with the gm version...it automatically merged both the iTunes email and me.com email. Interesting part is..under settings, iTunes , mail and icloud all list my iTunes ID and not the .me id. If I try to add or Change one to my .me ID it keeps saying it (funnily shows my itunes id) is already added. So I checked in the apple site and tried to sign in with my iTunes I'd and found out both are apparently merged inside the account.

Now th best part is..even though there are no trace of my me ID in the iPad, I surprisingly get notified for emails tht I receive in my me.com account only...not the email address I use as my iTunes ID. Hope tht makes sense.

Reactions: mitsui

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Under settings, icloud, account, go to bottom and see advanced. The me.com account you added is there.

mitsui

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Well, wheni tried to set it up with the gm version...it automatically merged both the iTunes email and me.com email. Interesting part is..under settings, iTunes , mail and icloud all list my iTunes ID and not the .me id. If I try to add or Change one to my .me ID it keeps saying it (funnily shows my itunes id) is already added. So I checked in the apple site and tried to sign in with my iTunes I'd and found out both are apparently merged inside the account.

Now th best part is..even though there are no trace of my me ID in the iPad, I surprisingly get notified for emails tht I receive in my me.com account only...not the email address I use as my iTunes ID. Hope tht makes sense.

Shall I first login with the iTunes account or the me.com. And let's say I start with the first one how does it know which is my me.com address?

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Shall I first login with the iTunes account or the me.com. And let's say I start with the first one how does it know which is my me.com address?

You'll start with your apple id. It'll prompt you later in the setup to add in a me.com address along with it.

Erieg

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
Just to be clear. I can either lose the email "@me" address I have been using for years or lose access to all applications and music I have purchased over the years to use iCloud? Is this very well thought out? Or is this just another example of how Apple %^@s up web services?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods