iCloud deletion of backup problem

mattiematty

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

I'm having this problem, every time when I try to delete the backup on my device, it pops up this error: "Cannot delete backup. This backup cannot be deleted at this time." Help!

v1nn1e

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Hmm that's weird. Try turning off iCloud Backup in Settings, then try to delete it. Then turn it back on. I haven't used it yet, but it seems like a little back and forth toggle action should fix it.

diamonddialogue

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes, Vinnie is probably right. I would shut it off and try again, though I'm almost certain you can't do it once it's turned off. Try turning it off, turning it back on, then deleting again. Let us know if you still have an error and we can try plan B.

I've never seen that error before, mine mainly says "Not enough fee space to backup iPhone."

i814u2

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. Not sure if it has anything to do with the phone upgrade issues my girlfriend and I just had, or not, but I can't delete my previous iphone backup.

My account shows my old iphone backup and my ipad backup. I can't delete the old iphone backup from my new phone, or my laptop (via system preferences).

Any suggestions other than deleting the account and starting over? I would prefer to not do that, assuming there is a better solution.

The girlfriend's account had a previous backup as well, but hers was deleted without issue (although she had issues restoring, i'm sure those were simply server connection issues).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73