Apple Launches iCloud.com Beta and iWork Beta for Developers

itsalexaye

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I wasnt able to login on my iphone thats runnning ios 5, legitimately. but I was able to do it from my PC. and it looks freaking awesome. very iOS stylish.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Anyone who used iOS 5 and made an @me account can now use the site! yay!

It's still really buggy, but cool so far! Now to figure out how to get my email to sync on iOS 4... hehe

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I need to transition my mac.com address to my new .me account. I had paid the 99 bucks back when .mac was around, but never renewed and missed out on the initial transition back when iOS 2.0 arrived (which was a terrible, terrible launch). Now it's tied to everything Apple related and I'd love to get rid of it and transition everything to my new me account. Any ideas on how to do that?

Last edited:

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Can some tell me what is icloud I know it's like virtual storage but what exactly can you store or sync ?

iCloud for desktops is a set of web apps that work with their corresponding iPhone apps... Mail, Calendar, Contacts, Find My iPhone and iWork are the apps so far. It's pretty much Apple's version of Google's Gmail, Calendar, Google Docs, etc. set of apps, haha.

Reactions: Parkupine

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
iCloud for desktops is a set of web apps that work with their corresponding iPhone apps... Mail, Calendar, Contacts, Find My iPhone and iWork are the apps so far. It's pretty much Apple's version of Google's Gmail, Calendar, Google Docs, etc. set of apps, haha.

Except for the fact that Google's stuff is all free, and you'll still have to pay for iWork.

itsalexaye

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Except for the fact that Google's stuff is all free, and you'll still have to pay for iWork.

What I am hoping for is Apple making it so if you've purchased either iWork for iOS or OS X, then you will have access to the iWork web Suite, similar to Google Docs. That would be nice.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

There's also that XD though granted, iWork does a lot more than Docs... I wonder if Apple might make a free version to compete down the line. I wouldn't be surprised, tbh.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I dunno. I removed iWorks from my Mac when I got MS Office. It's still heads and tails above iWorks in my book. I have Docs 2 Go on my iPhone, so it was going to be a waste of money to purchase it for my iPhone.

I've always liked GDocs, cause you can do the creating online without needing Office on your computer. Of course, now you can download or upload so Google still gives you the best of all possible worlds.

itsalexaye

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I think the only thing microsoft is good at is Office products. both office 2011 and 2008 for mac were awesome! much better then their PC versions

fdeschenes

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
I would love to try but I'm stuck with a MobileMe membership and the thought of having to create a test account instead of moving my account is not appealing. I can't wait until Apple finally enables "moving" accounts.