Viewing movies from the cloud

Dean211284

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I'm a little stuck, with all this new cloud storage and streaming I just can't grasp how I have all my movies in the cloud so I can stream on my ipad1 without having my laptop switched on.
I have dropbox account. Could I just upload all my movie collection to dropbox from my laptop then install dropbox on my iPad and I can watch them anytime?
Or does dropbox not let you view movies. Is this where I Would need iCloud or amazon cloud?
Any help would be great. I have so many movies on my laptop and my DVD collection which I would love to view on my iPad whenever I wanted.
Streaming from my laptop isn't possible as the wife won't have the laptop on if it's "not being used" lol.
Thanks guys

Dean211284

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
So I could install dropbox on my iPad and go in there and download a film straight to my iPad and view in something like ifile or VLC?
Thanks

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
So I could install dropbox on my iPad and go in there and download a film straight to my iPad and view in something like ifile or VLC?
Thanks

The file size may be too large. I'm not sure as I have never tried it. I can only say that you will not be able to stream it via dropbox.

Dean211284

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok thanks for the help. I have asked this question in various forms on 3 forums now and it seems no one kniws an easy way to do this. Guess I will have to juststore them all on my iPad :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2