I am concerned a but as well. Let's say that I happen to take a risqu picture with my iPhone (dont even tell me that you have never done this!) and at the same time my kid is playing with our iPad, well, I guess I'll sign my kid up for counseling for the rest of her life.
    10-09-2011 03:47 AM
    And how does it work if I have an iPhone and my wife has an iPhone and we share a family iPad and iMac? Do all apps, photos, and music get automatically synced to all devices?
    10-09-2011 03:48 AM
    And how does it work if I have an iPhone and my wife has an iPhone and we share a family iPad and iMac? Do all apps, photos, and music get automatically synced to all devices?
    You would have to sync all devices with one iCloud ID to have the exact same apps, music, settings, etc sync to all devices the same. Your wife and yourself should both create separate iCloud ID's, you will have 10GB between the two of you. You may just need to pick whose iCloud account will run on the iPad and Mac.

As far as iCloud being something you're frustrated with at this point, I'd wait until it launches to say whether you hate it or not. It's still being tested and the beta technically hasn't ended yet. If you sync to iCloud now, the day it launches Apple will likely wipe all iCloud storage and start fresh, again.

It's a very neat feature. The minute you download a new app, it syncs to your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. As far as syncing music, you have to purchase the music from iTunes for it to sync to all devices, or you have to be an iTunes Match subscriber to have all of your music. Either way, this feature will grow on everybody. It's difficult to understand completely at first, but you will.

Also, in the long run, almost everyone with an iOS device will end up using iCloud. It's great to not have to constantly have your charging/syncing cable free just to sync new apps and music, also wireless syncing is a wonderful thing. I assume at some point, possibly with the iPhone 5, Apple may use wireless charging methods as well.
    Last edited by diamonddialogue; 10-09-2011 at 11:49 AM.
    10-09-2011 07:43 AM
    I find it okay, but I don't plan on using it :P
    10-09-2011 10:49 AM
    I'm confused

Me and my wife have separate accounts, but both phones and ipad are authorized on same computer and same iTunes, so we can share apps and it works fine. Can we have separate iCloud accounts but still share everything via computer with iTunes?
    10-10-2011 08:13 AM
    I'm confused

Me and my wife have separate accounts, but both phones and ipad are authorized on same computer and same iTunes, so we can share apps and it works fine. Can we have separate iCloud accounts but still share everything via computer with iTunes?
    Yes, absolutely. iCloud doesn't change the iTunes process, just adds features.
    f1l4 likes this.
    10-10-2011 08:31 AM
    I am really just so confued by all this.

i have an iphone, as well as my son. my daughter has an ipod touch. we all share on itunes account. if we all download the ios5 software, every think will synce between our devices? so, If I take a pic or add something to my calendar, it will show up on my sons iphone as well?? is there a way to stop that?

should I create a new itunes account for him before we download ios5? and how do you do that exactly? just go into itunes, sign out of main account, creat new one and then plug his phone in??

and some of you mentioned history? what do you mean? will my kids be able to see my browser history??

thanks..
    10-10-2011 07:11 PM
    You can all enter the SAME account for iTunes on all devices. That will allow you to share the music/apps/video purchases.

When you set up iCloud, it creates an iCloud account which is SEPARATE from your iTunes/store account. Just simply use a different iCloud account on each device.
    10-10-2011 08:37 PM
    Right, each device (owned by separate people) should have iCloud accounts. iTunes accounts can be shared all day without giving out personal information or allowing someone to see photos, texts, or anything else from another person's iCloud account.

Everyone should get used to this more once you all create an iCloud account for your device(s)and play with iCloud a bit. There's really no reason to hold off installing iOS 5 unless you just want to wait for public release.
    10-10-2011 08:52 PM
    This makes sense. Didn't think all the sharing seemed right
    10-10-2011 09:39 PM
    Ya'll seem to have a lot of this confused. The appleid you use for apps, books, and music is seperate from what will be created for you @me.com labels. Photos from xx@me.com won't be synced to xy@me.com because they're different identities for backups, mail, calendars etc. You can still share your appleid, with others and not have to pay for mutltiple apps. Yes the history does show, but it would show anyway if you OPENLY SHARE YOUR ACCOUNT. So, basically, your appleid you've purchased things with will still share apps/mus/books....you'll all now have sub @me.com accounts specific to device and user that will sync photos, mail, cal, backups, etc....and wont be shared with others even though you share an appleid.....
    So what if I want to share my calendar with my wife will I be able to sync multiple @me.com accounts on my iPhone?
    10-10-2011 10:25 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD