I think you have to have the same icloud account in order for this to happen. For example, I have an iPad and an iPhone and my wife has an iphone too. I would have my own icloud account and she would have hers. If I buy an app then it would get pushed to my ipad and iphone, but not hers.

I also would think there could be settings that deal with this - for example, in iTunes there is a setting that allows me to set whether any new app would automatically get synced onto my ipad and I can change that.
    Why would everyone be on the same account anyways? Just turn off automatic downloads....
    06-08-2011 08:18 PM
    App history was never shared, if the iDevices (using the same Apple ID) were synched to different machines. The closest thing you could get was if you installed the same app on a second device, it would tell you that you had previously purchased/downloaded the app.
    Actually all they had to do was go to iTunes and log into your account from the store. You can get the complete app history there arranged by date.
    06-08-2011 09:45 PM
    I think the the other thing we all need to keep in mind is that this is presently in Beta Form....so far I for one like it
    06-08-2011 10:04 PM
    With all new applications or systems the privacy concerns will arise and at the same time they will be taken care of....For anyone this can be the issue but Apple will come with much secure system I guess.
    06-09-2011 08:32 AM
    With all new applications or systems the privacy concerns will arise and at the same time they will be taken care of....For anyone this can be the issue but Apple will come with much secure system I guess.
    And I'd trust Apple more then Google.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    06-09-2011 09:03 AM
    Exactly. It is meant to be per person, and said person is permitted to use the material on 5 devices operated mainly only by themselves. Not so you can give your ID to 4 people and you can all share the apps, even if you bought all of those devices.
    I agree with Jello, however, you Can still authorize up to 5 devices. So if you're okay with wife and kid and mom sharing all the same apps and seeing history and all of that, then you're not stealing anything. Not according to the terms. In theory it's per person, but in technicalities it's any 5 devices. Apple is a family oriented company. Family unity is important to them. Which is why they sell family accounts for most of their value added services. Home sharing is a great example on the music side of things. Apps and music go hand in hand with apple products (although I think developers are less greedy and work harder on their apps IMO), and yet the music is DRM free. So yes I'm all for not stealing from developers and giving them what they deserve, but no I don't think you're stealing if the 5 devices are different people in your family or even anyone for that matter. it's only 5 devices anyways. you don't even have to have all the same apps, you'll just see history. Now backups and settings with the cloud is a different story. I wonder how that would work with different family members. only one would be able to back up or otherwise the devices would all be changing with every change any of them made. Sorry for the novel, I know that's frowned upon.:o
    Last edited by rgar3388; 06-09-2011 at 09:46 AM.
    06-09-2011 09:37 AM
    You can also just have different ID's but sync what you want if you're on the same computer, or if you have different computers, just authorize both with each others apple ID's. This is another family situation.
    06-09-2011 09:43 AM
    Exactly, Apple needs to make this more family friendly, user accounts would be very nice! Log into my account be the only admin, and only I can see my messages.
    06-09-2011 10:43 AM
    Exactly, Apple needs to make this more family friendly, user accounts would be very nice! Log into my account be the only admin, and only I can see my messages.
    They all ready do make it friendly, it's called home sharing in itunes. With home sharing, you can share apps, music, etc....its not just for streaming at home. it actually shares with everyones devices in your home.

Thats lots of ways apple does this all ready from what I have known and have been reading while tinkering with iOS5
    06-09-2011 12:20 PM
    ok so I am going to resurrect this thread- seems like there is still confusion as to if you can disable on certain devices- here is my issue- I have an iPhone, iPad - I bought my 9 year old son the new iPod touch for his birthday so that he could play the same games that he played on mine. He is 9 and does not need his own account- he is currently under my account and I have it locked down so he can't make purchases or install or even delete apps (love that feature)
    Here comes the issue- I like Eminem and others that lets just say are not censored and I don't want it to automatically sync to his iPod touch- Nor does he need my pictures calendar etc- does it sync to the apple ID or will it sync to .me accounts? If its the apple ID can I just disable it on his iPod touch so our stuff doesn't sync? thanks in advance
    10-04-2011 07:49 PM
    Go to SETTINGS/ICLOUD on his device and uncheck the things that you don't want synced to his device.

UPDATE: Correction. For iCloud, it's under SETTINGS/ICLOUD. For MobileMe it's SETTINGS/MAIL,CONTACTS,CALENDAR
    Last edited by Fausty82; 10-04-2011 at 08:14 PM.
    phreddyl likes this.
    10-04-2011 07:57 PM
    Go to SETTINGS/MAIL, CONTACTS, CALENDAR on his device and uncheck the things that you don't want synced to his device.
    ok very cool- The music/app syncing is also under the SETTINGS/MAIL, CONTACTS, CALENDAR? I'm sure this will make more sense next week when I download the new IOS to my devices. I assume I do this on each of my devices? Also if I hold off upgrading his IOS it won't sync cause he won't have iCloud right?
    10-04-2011 08:03 PM
    Don't think music is... in iTunes it's its own tab on the device summary page... I'd expect it to be an option under iCloud... or on the iCloud site itself.

And the iCloud settings are under SETTINGS/ICLOUD. The settings under MAIL,etc are for MobileMe (which is going away). Sorry about the confusion.
    10-04-2011 08:12 PM
    Don't think music is... in iTunes it's its own tab on the device summary page... I'd expect it to be an option under iCloud... or on the iCloud site itself.

And the iCloud settings are under SETTINGS/ICLOUD. The settings under MAIL,etc are for MobileMe (which is going away). Sorry about the confusion.
    No problem- to be honest I really would rather him not have anything synced. Under the settlings iCloud is there a way to not have it sync anything on just that particular device? I want to manually add an app or a song if I feel its appropriate- I know thats anal but he is way too young. I already have iTunes for his device to not sync that stuff
    10-04-2011 08:35 PM
    No problem- to be honest I really would rather him not have anything synced. Under the settlings iCloud is there a way to not have it sync anything on just that particular device? I want to manually add an app or a song if I feel its appropriate- I know thats anal but he is way too young. I already have iTunes for his device to not sync that stuff
    You can simply not setup an iCloud account there... that would force all sync to be done via iTunes, which you can control through the device page for his device - and you could disable sync for everything there.
    10-04-2011 08:42 PM
    ok so sorry for sounding stupid- I just don't have it installed yet so I don't know- when you say don't set up an iCloud account there- where is there? on his touch or via iTunes when we sync? thanks again- really appreciate your input
    10-04-2011 08:57 PM
    ok so sorry for sounding stupid- I just don't have it installed yet so I don't know- when you say don't set up an iCloud account there- where is there? on his touch or via iTunes when we sync? thanks again- really appreciate your input
    You will be be able to create an iCloud account and set it up on the phone - sort of like an email address and/or iTunes account. You can add it or not... my understanding is that if you don't, no iCloud stuff will apply and everything will have to be done through iTunes. That could change once everything is rolled out, but that's how I see it from here/now.
    phreddyl likes this.
    10-04-2011 09:02 PM
    and one more question- what if I choose not to update his IOS and leave him at the older version- He then wouldn't have an iCloud option right? that might be the easier answer- None of the new features mean anything to him
    10-04-2011 09:03 PM
    and one more question- what if I choose not to update his IOS and leave him at the older version- He then wouldn't have an iCloud option right? that might be the easier answer- None of the new features mean anything to him
    That is a true fact. iTunes will tell you there's a software update available, and it will suggest that you update the device, but it will never force the issue.
    phreddyl likes this.
    10-04-2011 09:06 PM
    ok thank you very much for taking the time to explain- I def want it for my phone and iPad! Seems pretty cool!
    10-04-2011 09:10 PM
    ok thank you very much for taking the time to explain- I def want it for my phone and iPad! Seems pretty cool!
    No problem. We'll figure it all out.
    10-04-2011 09:13 PM
    lol- good I may just have to come back here... Wanted to try the beta but chickened out sigh... Only a few more days!
    10-04-2011 09:16 PM
    It'll only show downloaded apps on other devices if you sign in with the same account on the other device

All iMessage messages will show on every device you are signed into
    10-08-2011 05:05 PM
    It'll only show downloaded apps on other devices if you sign in with the same account on the other device

All iMessage messages will show on every device you are signed into
    Not really sure what u mean by that. Sign in with what account iTunes or icloud?
    10-08-2011 05:11 PM
    icloud is a cool creation, but if there are security flaws that do expose a little too much. i believe that apple will update there systems with more blocking features and privacy settings
    10-08-2011 06:20 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD