I am just supprised that there isn't any activity in this forum on very serious problems with the sync of Outook on PCs and iOS devices using MobileMe, since the introduction of the new MobileMe calendar a few weeks ago.

On Apple's own discussion forums, people are tearing their shirts off because of serious CPU resources being used and maintained as well as the fact that multiple calendars are being generated and, more importantly, that sync with Outlook doesn't work at all anymore.

Any PC users here experiencing such problems (I certainly do...)?
    10-28-2010 04:15 AM
    Gmail is free and works. Why pay for something that doesn't?
    10-28-2010 10:53 AM
    Frodo, I use a Mac 99% of the time these days but we'll certainly look into it.
    10-28-2010 02:51 PM
    I am running on a PC with MobileMe and I haven't had a huge problem. I have seen duplicates in my calendar, but I just deleted the extras and moved forward. I don't know. I can't say that was worth "ripping my shirt off" for. I just haven't been that inconvenienced I guess.
    10-28-2010 06:02 PM
    @sting7k...
    MobileMe works better and has way more features and interoperability than Gmail on iPhone. Not to mention remote wipe and find my iPhone features. He has already paid for MobileMe, why would he abandon it just because gmail "works"...?
    10-28-2010 07:03 PM
    MobileMe Control Panel for Windows version 1.6.4 has just been released today.

In my case, "contacts" and "bookmarks" are correctly synced from a PC to an iPhone 4, an iPad and a Mac-Mini. "Calendar" is totally DEAD. It just doesn't sync. This happens on two PCs running Windows 7 64 bit and Office 2010 32 bit.

This new MM 1.6.4 hasn't changed a thing.
    Last edited by frodo; 10-28-2010 at 08:05 PM. Reason: typo
    10-28-2010 08:01 PM
    ...the new calendar sync with Outlook is TERRIBLE! They changed it to have a whole separate hierarchy in Outlook. It moves all your Calendar items from the Outlook Calendar to this new 'MobileME Calendar' hierarchy in Outlook.

Apple, why? Seriously!?!

PS: Safari and Chrome are 99% faster with the latest MobileME - I'm just saying.
    10-29-2010 09:28 PM
    Sync of Calendar on PCs finally resolved!

For whatever reason (I certantly didn't do this), the MobileME add-in in Outlook 2010 had been disabled. Re-enabling the add-in within Outlook, exiting Outlook, singing out of MobileME, siging in again, reconfiguring syncing and doing a actual sync corrected the "Dead Calendar" issue.

Now, my two PCs, my Iphone 4, my iPad and my Mac-mini are all a happy family. Modification in the MobileMe part of Calendar will be reflected on all the other devices in any direction!
    10-31-2010 04:00 AM
    I subscribe to Mobile me, however I use google calendar my primary calendar. I love their web interface and sharing calendars is much easier.
    11-01-2010 02:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD