I activated MobileMe for the 2 month trial period, but never really used it so I canceled, rather than subscribed. I have a question though about re-activation.

I left the Mobile Me "Find my phone" set on the phone. Obviously it won't work since I'm no longer subscribed to MobileMe. In the future if I decide to reactivate MobileMe on the web site (say because my phone is lost), will I be able to use that feature or would I have to reset it up on the phone again?
    01-31-2010 12:49 PM
    You canceled the original account

you will be starting over with a new account
    01-31-2010 01:58 PM
    Are you sure? If I log in with my old account info it takes it and logs me in, it just tells me I need to sign up again since my trial expired.
    01-31-2010 02:13 PM
    You can actually reactivate your account. I let my paid subscription expire for like 2 years and recently reactivated my account.
    01-31-2010 11:56 PM
    in that case, you need to ask Apple your question
    02-01-2010 01:03 PM
    With Mobile ME, you can re-activate an account. I suggest going to Mobile ME's 'chat support' and they will be able to assist.

Check here: www.apple.com/support/mobileme/
    02-01-2010 03:33 PM
    I took one of those free classes apple provides at their stores on MobileMe and this very question came up. What they told us was that in the TOS you agree to allow Apple to keep holding your information after your account expires, this way if you wanted to reactivate your account again in the future it will be stored on their serves and you won't lose your info. However, the Apple employee did caution that there is no guarantee that Apple will hold your info for any specific period of time. So in other words, as soon as they want it will be deleted whenever it be a day, a week, or a year, it will be deleted. Its up to them.

Also on a side note, my wife's MobileMe account got corrupted during her trial period and everything was loss on their server. Thankfully she backed everything up in iTunes but there is another risk on possibly losing your info.
    02-04-2010 06:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD