GMail or MobileMe?

Stephxieh

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I love my mobile me. I also love logging into my boyfriends and sending him annoying messages he can't ignore. Usually purposely embarrassing while he's at work.

tc5998

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I just set io the google sync and the push mail works great. I'm going to cancel my MobileMe account before my free trial is over

me too I believe. I was talked into it in the store and am finding it is not necessary for my personal needs. I am on a PC.

I've only had a iphone for a few days, and I tried Mobile Me and it took ALL my google contacts - regardless of whether they were in my contacts area or not - and pushed them. So if google had created a contact automacally for someone and then later I created a separate contact for them - well the google one is still lingering in gmail. Mobile Me picked BOTH up. Google sync using Microsoft Exchange did not - it only picked up the items I had personally marked as contacts. Since I am on a PC and am using Picasa for my pic hosting and gmail for email... I'm thinking Mobile Me isn't a good fit for me. Good thread, is really helping me decide at a critical time.

chadman

TiPb Blog and Forum Staff
Sep 7, 2006
twitter.com
MobileMe works great, but the Web Apps leave a little to be desired. If you access your email via the web frequently, MobileMe may not be the way to go. However, if you access it on a desktop client, I see little reason to not take the plunge to Apple's service.

frog_IM

Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
I love MobileMe. However, @me.com email really needs server-side rules/filters. If they are not available by the time my current subscription ends, I'm probably going to not bother with it again.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Downfall of using the GMail exchange (push) for the iPhone it doesn't sync all your mail, and the "load more" doesn't show up. It only syncs 30 days worth of mail before you don't see it on the phone anymore ( even though it's on the server ). Google has said they are looking into this, but who knows if anything will be done about it or how long it will take.

petsnspace

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Another thought in the great MobileMe vs Google debate. If you sync with an exchange server, then you can't also use google sync. I just got an iPhone and started a MobileMe trial. I really like the convenience of not having to plug in to keep everything in sync and since I have a corporate exchange sync set-up, MobileMe is the best way to keep my personal info synced as well.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Another thought in the great MobileMe vs Google debate. If you sync with an exchange server, then you can't also use google sync. I just got an iPhone and started a MobileMe trial. I really like the convenience of not having to plug in to keep everything in sync and since I have a corporate exchange sync set-up, MobileMe is the best way to keep my personal info synced as well.

agreed since we've covered this over 100 times on these forum

I put my wife on mobileme first. it's her main email address. I then moved it to a family plan and I have two accounts on it. we're keeping it.

I wish mobileme would let me sync contacts to/from both accounts

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I noticed that yeterday, and today, Mobile ME email is SLOW in delivering. Something like two hours! Not impressed.

I thought something was wrong with my phone as all notifications were slow (iTweetReply took over an hour at one point). Haven't received much today to test.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I actually just turned off my Mobile ME email. I was forwarding my Gmail to it, and thus my iPhone was receiving Mobile ME and Gmail. But it was so slow it was killing me. I'm back on Gmail's Exchange option at present.

I might try it later this evening...

I thought something was wrong with my phone as all notifications were slow (iTweetReply took over an hour at one point). Haven't received much today to test.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox