GMail or MobileMe?

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
I think I might stop using MobileMe ever since I used Sync in a Blink. Its a great app and plus its a one time charge of $4.99. I don't have to pay $99 a year for this like MobileMe. Anyone been using Sync in a Blink on there iPhone or iPod touch? I'd like to know. I've been testing out syncing with my gmail and its really nice. I actually was able to add all of my contacts from my iPhone and MobileMe to my gmail using Sync in a Blink. I could careless about syncing my bookmarks with Safari hah. I never use Safari because its a memory hog and I'll eventually have to force quit it.

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
so how is Sync in a Blink different from what Gmail & Google Sync already do? just curious, because Google Sync seems to be pretty damn fast as it is. almost an instant update from my experience. may check it out.

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
nevermind. i guess i could have just read the app description off of iTunes. lol just lazy i guess. i'm keeping an eye on this app.

I use MobileMe and was kind of thinking of not paying for another year. I tried out Sync in a Blink and basically what it does is suck up your iPhone contacts and throw them into your Gmail. afterwards things got confusing and I lost contacts and I had duplicates. So I gave up on it. If there were better apps to sync with gmail contacts on the App Store then I would use gmail. What's useful about Sync in a Blink is that if you don't want to add contact by contact in your gmail then get SIAB and it does it for you. I never tried google sync because I found it too complicating.

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
yeah. I'm going to agree with a lot of you when it comes to MobileMe. Its easier to use and I guess I'll drop some dead presidents to renew it lol

jesseshawl

Sep 8, 2009
Visit site
I also highly recommend MobileMe. For a quarter a day, my entire life is in sync with 'the cloud.' I have both a gmail account and a mobileme account set up on my phone, but only have the mobileme account active. that way, all of the email I send is going through the smtp.gmail server, but, I've got push notifications. I have messed around with googlesync for other devices like the blackberry, and must say that mobileme is 100% more effective and reliable.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Said this before and I'll say it again, if you have a Mac - hands down MobileMe is worth every penny.

Agreed x 1 million!

And if you have more than one mac, like myself, it's even better.

And if you have a girlfriend who can never remember anything, it's priceless, haha

I only have the 99$ account with 1 e-mail.

I keep my MacBook, iMac, and iPhone synced together instantly, then on her iPhone, I enabled my MobileMe account as well, but just to sync iCal and FindMyiPhone. Then she just uses her Gmail as she really had no reason for push.

I'd love to have a way to sync her contacts in case she loses hers but I don't want them in mine. Is there a way to do that through groups or anything?

djbbox

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
actually google sync is really ease to set up and there`s some video tutorials for dummies if its too complicated for you, but i`m sure you can, my 10 year old nephew did it on his own to his 3G. i have never tried mobileme, but never will either, i`m not about to flush $99 down the toilet. not even for that locate my iphone thing wich does not works as adverticed, my friend has it and it will just give him an area not a pin point location; so unless you live in a rural area where houses are miles away from each other, but if you are in the city; good luck trying to find your iphone on a area where you have 30 houses in a 1/4 mile.

kingminus

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
And I don't have a mac... so I guess Gmail is my best bet? Not really, it's not as fast as me.

Yo is it really that much better than gmail cause i am in limbo between going with either gmail/google or mobile me. I am a heavy email user I have been using gmail since it first showed up on the net.

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I just set io the google sync and the push mail works great. I'm going to cancel my MobileMe account before my free trial is over. :)

djbbox

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
how much faster can it be? i tried sending messages from all the other accounts(aol, msn, yahoo, etc) i have , and they all go in instantly; the most delay i saw was when forwarding mail from msn to gmail and then push to my phone; it took 3 seconds no lie. lol i love it. and yeah girl dont flush that $99 down the toilet; if you want? send em to me. i take paypal :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2