That's interesting you mentioned that because I scoured amazon all day prior to paying 100 bucks for it but all I found were the older software versions. 12 months till I have do it all over again.
    i just bought the older software from amazon a little bit ago. worked great for me! just entered the serial and all was up and running like normal.
    08-26-2009 10:38 AM
    MobileMe is great...I have an iPhone and two Windows based PC's that I only use Safari on and having bookmarks and contacts synced across all three is terrific! I definitely recommend the service...well worth $99/annually.
    08-26-2009 11:55 AM
    I Just signed up for the free trial and I am loving it . The only thing is getting the hang of uploading and the idisk app
    08-27-2009 09:51 PM
    i like it.. its jus not feelin worth the 100 dollars a year to me.. i mite not renew when im due.. i email ALOT and i hate the cap on emails u can send during the day.. and i hate the fact the iphone doesnt support mobileme aliases
    08-28-2009 06:33 PM
    i like it.. its jus not feelin worth the 100 dollars a year to me.. i mite not renew when im due.. i email ALOT and i hate the cap on emails u can send during the day.. and i hate the fact the iphone doesnt support mobileme aliases
    Cap on e-mails? What's the cap? I e-mail a lot and I've never had an issue.
    08-28-2009 06:38 PM
    Ditto, what CAP?

Also, use my solution, MobileME & GMail! It works a treat...

08-28-2009 06:45 PM
    MobileMe has been wonderful for me, well worth the fee if your a Mac user - nothing else really compares (even for basic syncing)
    08-29-2009 06:34 AM
    I've been using mobile me since I bought my iPhone and I love it.... it's the best way to go if you're a Mac user!
    09-10-2009 10:00 PM
    I started using Mobile Me about two months ago because I lost my Exchange access and needed to get e-mail/contacts/calendar syncing going again ASAP. I gotta say those functions work great. PLUS, you get remote wipe/lock/find iphone and some iDisk space.

I bought a key on eBay and just renewed for a year. Saved about $30.00 off retail.

So yes, big MobileMe fan here.
    09-10-2009 10:54 PM
    I tried the trial but i wasnt to convinced. The push mail was pretty cool but i found out that yahoo does it for free
    Last edited by Edamameguy; 09-21-2009 at 12:34 AM.
    09-21-2009 12:32 AM
    I'm new to iPhones but as of yesterday we have 4 (wife, 2 daughters, me). We each have a PC of some sort (desktop or laptop).

The question: Do I have to pay for 4 subscriptions to MobileMe?

Thanks,

Mark
    09-21-2009 08:55 AM
    I believe they have a family subscription, which allows up to 5 iphones, if I'm not mistaken.

You could check amazon (or apple) for the information.

Craig
    09-21-2009 10:00 AM
    I'm new to iPhones but as of yesterday we have 4 (wife, 2 daughters, me). We each have a PC of some sort (desktop or laptop).

The question: Do I have to pay for 4 subscriptions to MobileMe?

Thanks,

Mark
    No you don't, there's a family pack that comes w/ 5 e-mails, the master account will have more storage and what-not than the sub-accounts, so just make whoever needs the most storage the master account.

You can sync whatever accounts w/ as many devices as you want though.

For me, my girlfriend doesn't need the push e-mail, and we need the same calendar.

So I only have the individual membership, on her phone, I only synced the calendar and safari bookmarks, then on mine I sync everything. You can configure mobileme however you want. It isn't limited to any number of devices, it's the e-mail and user logins that are limited.

I believe a family pack is around 149$, the individual is 99$...so 50 bucks more for 4 more e-mail addresses really isn't that bad.
    09-21-2009 10:48 AM
    Thanks - I still haven't decided if it is worth it or not. However, since we now have 4 $300 iPhones (2 at college), the ability to find a lost/stolen phone might be worth the $150 - the sync stuff could be just gravy.

Mark
    09-21-2009 11:03 AM
    You have 2 at college, of course it's worth it!
    09-22-2009 02:11 PM
    You have 2 at college, of course it's worth it!
    I'm definitely going to agree with this.

Parties, alcohol, and iPhones, never a good combo, lol And leaving an iPhone unattended for 2 seconds, even unintentionally, is all it will take.
    09-27-2009 04:28 PM
    I'm definitely going to agree with this.

Parties, alcohol, and iPhones, never a good combo, lol And leaving an iPhone unattended for 2 seconds, even unintentionally, is all it will take.
    Yep - I bought it and have it set up.

M
    09-27-2009 04:49 PM
    I've had a MobileMe account for around 3 years now (back when it was .Mac), and have rarely been disappointed. Apart from the obvious syncing advantages, (we have two iMacs, and iPhone and an iPod touch at home,) there's iDisk which is extremely useful, and of course Find my iPhone.

Not to say there aren't some things I'd like to see improved (still no https for me.com, Apple??) I'd say the price is fair for what you get.
    09-28-2009 08:12 AM
    It is funny that this is up! Just today I had to remotely lock my phone because I forgot it on my desk. I went to another computer & Wham locked phone. I just can't understand how some people can debate this questions. IMO worth every penny!!!!
    09-28-2009 08:50 PM
    Sure, Google offers some of these services free, but you get what you pay for IMO. What I mean by that is that the MobileMe interface and extra features are worth that small fee per year.

Although, I can use both, syncing my Google Calendar with Outlook and then syncing Outlook with MobileMe. Did that once, now I'm just using MobileMe.

If I had to pick one, which I did, MobileMe is the way forward.
    11-20-2009 11:49 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD