Is MobileMe worth it anymore, was it ever?

canadu

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
No renewal discount from Apple. But, apparently you can get cheaper one's from Amazon, and a few other websites. Just make sure they are 'valid/full' versions...

That's interesting you mentioned that because I scoured amazon all day prior to paying 100 bucks for it but all I found were the older software versions. 12 months till I have do it all over again.

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I used MobileMe strictly for the push email until I found out yahoo supports push on the iPhone. Other than that MobileMe does have some great features. It all comes down to personal needs.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
That's interesting you mentioned that because I scoured amazon all day prior to paying 100 bucks for it but all I found were the older software versions. 12 months till I have do it all over again.

the software is irrelevant. all you need is the key from the package

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
If you want to buy one on amazon or wherever, it's not the software, it's just the key you need to activate the subscription. I don't even understand why they sell a disc, it's kind of useless....

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I like MobileMe, I've used it since it was iTools, then .Mac, and I've renewed every year. I even became a seed tester for the updated Windows MobileMe control panel (my idea was the arrows that now appear in the tray when it is syncing... :D ), and got a free complimentary year subscription. However, I am constantly torn between going all Apple, with my .mac account, and going Gmail. It's agonizing. The contact sync and computer sync alone is worth the cost. Everyone complains about the cost, but it's ad free, and really is under $9/month. Not bad.

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site

i just bought the older software from amazon a little bit ago. worked great for me! just entered the serial and all was up and running like normal.

brewers80

Aug 26, 2009
Visit site
MobileMe is great...I have an iPhone and two Windows based PC's that I only use Safari on and having bookmarks and contacts synced across all three is terrific! I definitely recommend the service...well worth $99/annually.

BENGRIMM

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
I Just signed up for the free trial and I am loving it . The only thing is getting the hang of uploading and the idisk app

iamtone

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
i like it.. its jus not feelin worth the 100 dollars a year to me.. i mite not renew when im due.. i email ALOT and i hate the cap on emails u can send during the day.. and i hate the fact the iphone doesnt support mobileme aliases

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
i like it.. its jus not feelin worth the 100 dollars a year to me.. i mite not renew when im due.. i email ALOT and i hate the cap on emails u can send during the day.. and i hate the fact the iphone doesnt support mobileme aliases

Cap on e-mails? What's the cap? I e-mail a lot and I've never had an issue.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Ditto, what CAP?

Also, use my solution, MobileME & GMail! It works a treat...

anon(536616)

Jun 4, 2006
Visit site
I started using Mobile Me about two months ago because I lost my Exchange access and needed to get e-mail/contacts/calendar syncing going again ASAP. I gotta say those functions work great. PLUS, you get remote wipe/lock/find iphone and some iDisk space.

I bought a key on eBay and just renewed for a year. Saved about $30.00 off retail.

So yes, big MobileMe fan here.

Edamameguy

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I tried the trial but i wasnt to convinced. The push mail was pretty cool but i found out that yahoo does it for free

Last edited:

hobanma

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
I'm new to iPhones but as of yesterday we have 4 (wife, 2 daughters, me). We each have a PC of some sort (desktop or laptop).

The question: Do I have to pay for 4 subscriptions to MobileMe?

Thanks,

Mark

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I'm new to iPhones but as of yesterday we have 4 (wife, 2 daughters, me). We each have a PC of some sort (desktop or laptop).

The question: Do I have to pay for 4 subscriptions to MobileMe?

Thanks,

Mark

No you don't, there's a family pack that comes w/ 5 e-mails, the master account will have more storage and what-not than the sub-accounts, so just make whoever needs the most storage the master account.

You can sync whatever accounts w/ as many devices as you want though.

For me, my girlfriend doesn't need the push e-mail, and we need the same calendar.

So I only have the individual membership, on her phone, I only synced the calendar and safari bookmarks, then on mine I sync everything. You can configure mobileme however you want. It isn't limited to any number of devices, it's the e-mail and user logins that are limited.

I believe a family pack is around 149$, the individual is 99$...so 50 bucks more for 4 more e-mail addresses really isn't that bad.

hobanma

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Thanks - I still haven't decided if it is worth it or not. However, since we now have 4 $300 iPhones (2 at college), the ability to find a lost/stolen phone might be worth the $150 - the sync stuff could be just gravy.

Mark

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW