MobileMe: old vs. new versions?

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Btw... I believe I know what the difference is. The "Old" version is the 5GB version. The "New" version is the 20gb version. This is in reference to storage. I haven't even used 1gb, so I think I'm getting the 5gb version.

i'm still on the mobileme trial with 20 gigs, you think if i use the activation code for the old mobileme like i bought it would change my storage as well? i hope not!:eek:

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
i'm still on the mobileme trial with 20 gigs, you think if i use the activation code for the old mobileme like i bought it would change my storage as well? i hope not!:eek:

It will... I received two months extended (from Apple for the MoMe inconveniences at launch) and I bought MobileMe (old) with 5gbs for $23 off eBay and when activated, it not only changed from 20gb - 5gb, but it also made the extension start from July (when I got MoMe) rather than when my two months are over.

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
ok, i got my copy of mobile me in today. i paid for the old version on amazon.com for 59.99. opened it up, activated it, and viola! i'm good to go. i still have 20 gigs of storage space, and it shows that i'm good until august of 2010. so it looks like amazon.com may be a good choice for mobile me after all. thanks for all the help!

Entertainment72

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Wa wa what?!! Two versions of mobile me?? I've had MobileMe since it was .mac. I have never done any upgrade on my computer. I was under the impression that all the upgrades take place on the apple server? Am I wrong?

Chobbs1 is correct.. there are no versions of MobileMe.. Apple controls it all server side.. MobileMe is MobileMe.. only difference is one user vs. multi-user account.

Other than accessing web mail MobileMe is fantastic.. I absolutely love how contacts and calendars sync.. mail is great on the phone but sucks hard web side.. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

foster2380

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
It will... I received two months extended (from Apple for the MoMe inconveniences at launch) and I bought MobileMe (old) with 5gbs for $23 off eBay and when activated, it not only changed from 20gb - 5gb, but it also made the extension start from July (when I got MoMe) rather than when my two months are over.

ok, i got my copy of mobile me in today. i paid for the old version on amazon.com for 59.99. opened it up, activated it, and viola! i'm good to go. i still have 20 gigs of storage space, and it shows that i'm good until august of 2010. so it looks like amazon.com may be a good choice for mobile me after all. thanks for all the help!

Sooo...what gives here. One had their storage drop, another didn't? The 20gigs would be very nice and I would be willing to shell out the extra bucks for it, but I'm all for a deal.

AZMerf

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site

That's because the jerk on ebay sold you one of their 4 other accounts from a family pack.

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
That's because the jerk on ebay sold you one of their 4 other accounts from a family pack.

that actually makes sense. i've had no issues with the one that i got from amazon, in fact, i called apple and spoke with them and asked if it would make a difference and they said no.

Shangraham

May 28, 2009
Visit site
What seller did you buy it from? I was just looking at that on eBay today and even Twittered if anyone had bought it from eBay. I wasn't sure if it was a good place to buy it. But I sure like the price ... especially for the family pack.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
What seller did you buy it from? I was just looking at that on eBay today and even Twittered if anyone had bought it from eBay. I wasn't sure if it was a good place to buy it. But I sure like the price ... especially for the family pack.

I'll probably find out it was a bad deal in a couple of months if it is, but the user had a high approval rating (the correct term eludes me at the moment). I wouldn't go that route. I had to give him my password in which I changed before hand, but I don't have any emails of importance. Then I changed it back immediately after. The cheapest legit way is around $40-$50. Of course I'm going by what the user above said. It makes sense as mine says "Family Pack"

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods