Thinking of buying mobileme now, how many email accounts can I connect it to? Meaning, I have 4 email accounts (yes I need them all unfortunately) and I want them all to be forwarded to my future me.com account, does that mean that I need to invest in a family pack?
    04-22-2009 01:30 PM
    No, you can simply forward as many email accounts up as you'd like to one @me account. But when you reply on your iPhone it will always show that you sent it from you @me email.
    04-22-2009 01:33 PM
    Thank you for the answer, definitely getting it now then.
    04-22-2009 03:33 PM
    I got MobileMe on Ebay for about $65. You might want to check there first.
    04-22-2009 03:49 PM
    Why not just use Gmail? On the web you can configure it to reply from the account it was received from. Granted, on the iPhone you will still have the one account...
    04-24-2009 08:34 AM
    Why not just use Gmail? On the web you can configure it to reply from the account it was received from. Granted, on the iPhone you will still have the one account...
    One good reason to choose mobilme over gmail would be push. That alone is worth the cost, at least for me.
    04-24-2009 08:59 AM
    True that. However you KNOW Google is working on getting Push working with Active Sync...
    04-24-2009 09:05 AM
    True that. However you KNOW Google is working on getting Push working with Active Sync...
    I'll believe it when I see it, and with all the issues Rene has with Gmail, I'll still pass.
    04-24-2009 09:07 AM
    Canadian Gmail users don't count! Active Sync and Gmail IMAP work flawlessly for me. I even map my drafts, trash and sent items to the matching Gmail folders. Push would be mice though...
    04-24-2009 09:12 AM
    I will be counted! *jumps up on desk and waves iPhone high*

*iPhone pops up Gmail "Inbox cannot be found" error for umpteenth time*

D'oh!
    04-24-2009 02:34 PM
    Canadian Gmail users don't count! Active Sync and Gmail IMAP work flawlessly for me. I even map my drafts, trash and sent items to the matching Gmail folders. Push would be mice though...
    I rather use the safari for gmail. I rather the web based app.
    04-25-2009 08:07 PM
    No, you can simply forward as many email accounts up as you'd like to one @me account. But when you reply on your iPhone it will always show that you sent it from you @me email.
    Or you can add all those email accounts to your device (still having them forwarded to @me account) so when you want to reply, you can just select the correct account to send as.
    04-25-2009 08:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD