Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Not sure yet...

Votes: 12 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tunnelrunner

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
Alongside the "Notebook" and "Toodledo" apps, it's vital that I also have the ability to sync calendars and contacts, so yes, I will renew my MobileMe subscription. As a former Palm user, I take PIMs (and the ability to sync wirelessly) pretty seriously. :)

I have to sync my iphone to my Macbook and my PC Dell laptop - I've been so spoiled with MoMe, I'm not sure I could go back to life without it!

IMO, $99 a year is a pretty damn good deal for all you get. But again, that's just me.

The "cloud" and the ability to sync to it is the wave of the future. I almost think you *have* to have something like it on a smartphone, but that's just my opinion.

Sorry, I'm rushing to get to work, so I'm rushing this response,
B.

Last edited:

wabbit#IM

Oct 27, 2008
Visit site
Actually it is 20G per year for $99. I have heard of some people that use Windoze having trouble with MoMe. Also when MoMe first rolled out there were many problems, but in true Apple form they corrected them in a timely fashion. (more than we can say for most companies)

Like BA said, MoMe is in line with other on-line storage companies ( ie. Box.net). There are free versions of other on-line storage out there with the same or larger storage capacity, but they do not have the same features as MoMe. (ie. Push email, Calendar, sync storage all automatically sycned. That is the true beauty of MoMe)

With "free" you usually get what you pay for. ;)

ummmm just to clarify, you do know apple, is the last company to ever fix something. from security updates to where is this push notifications, what is it now half a year now?
yes they are QUICK! to remove i mean fix things.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
ummmm just to clarify, you do know apple, is the last company to ever fix something. from security updates to where is this push notifications, what is it now half a year now?

Actually Palm is the last company to ever fix things!:p

The things you mentioned are features not things that do not work. We can debate whether they should be on there or not and there are plenty of threads and debate for that.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com

Fixing things? Who are you kidding? Look how fast Apple put out firmware fixes for iPhone and the Macs! Pretty quick if you ask me.

Last edited:

sil3ntrid3r11

Feb 20, 2009
www.youtube.com
I will be keeping mine for sure! At the minimum, with mM you are able to have contacts, calendars, and bookmarks in sync everywhere and that = no more docking!

mM is a must even for pc users. If you don't like it, then you probably don't have it set or or utilize it to it's full potential.

cattsquared

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
Just signed up for it and so far, I'm quite impressed. Its going to be nice to have everything in once place!

The more and more I play with these products its making me want to try out the dark side in the form of a Mac laptop.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I'm really liking this whole syncing all my computers, being able to do printer sharing, photos, the storage space to where people can just see my public drive if i need to get them files, wow...I just started my 60 day trial, I'd be stupid not to take the 2 free months, but after that I definitely think I'll be buying a year subscription.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Alright so I have a question. Since amazon has MobileMe for cheaper if I do that can I keep the same email from the trial I currently have? How does that work? Is it just a key?

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Yep you can keep the same account or set up a new one, your choice. I bought mine off ebay and yeah I just got a key.

Entertainment72

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Keeping mine, love it. I wish the UI online at me.com was a little more stable per say such as google's gmail online.

When I go to add a contact me.com refreshes cancelling all I've done, I would then have to do it again to take.

Txdogs

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
When this thread first started I had dumped MoMe because I had issues with my email accounts. But I tried it again after reading all the positives here, did some studying online, and found out why I was having email issues, corrected that, and I am REALLY glad I have MoMe back again. It just makes managing calendars, contacts, and email so EASY.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Keeping mine, love it. I wish the UI online at me.com was a little more stable per say such as google's gmail online.

When I go to add a contact me.com refreshes cancelling all I've done, I would then have to do it again to take.

It seems like the UI is getting better and better. I started back in May (a year ago) and it wasn't worth it at all, but it has since been having me thinking of making it my permanent email even though I don't have a mac.

Entertainment72

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
It seems like the UI is getting better and better. I started back in May (a year ago) and it wasn't worth it at all, but it has since been having me thinking of making it my permanent email even though I don't have a mac.

Well I keep hearing of some new significant features being added at WWDC or thereabouts so I am definately waiting to see if I want to keep it.

If MobileMe received an update that would make the UI as stable as Gmails it'd be golden.

My next option would be the hosted exchange way.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I really love MobileMe...I'm still within my 2 mos trial which will run out sometime towards the end of June or so..I will be buying a full family version for me and the gf :)

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I really love MobileMe...I'm still within my 2 mos trial which will run out sometime towards the end of June or so..I will be buying a full family version for me and the gf :)

She doesn't have an iPhone does she? Someone told me only the primary pushes... hope that's is wrong though.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
She doesn't have an iPhone does she? Someone told me only the primary pushes... hope that's is wrong though.

I'm pretty sure each email account will push fine. I've heard of people who had two MM accounts on ONE phone couldn't have both set on push. Is this what you're thinking of?