Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

25 59.52%
  • No

5 11.90%
  • Not sure yet...

12 28.57%
    Thanks for your input. I'll have to play with it.
    02-07-2009 08:45 PM
    I just started the trial of MobileMe and I love it. I wish I would have found this sooner. This will make things so much easier and quicker for me. Goodbye Yahoo
    02-08-2009 12:25 AM
    I would LOVE to use MobileMe, but it just doesn't seem to work without some sort of third party intervention.

Since my "Main Brain" (Calendar, Contacts) is on a corporate Windows computer using Outlook on an Exchange server MobileMe has treated it like kryptonite and curled into a fetal position of uselessness.
    02-08-2009 05:58 AM
    Ok, you ALL peaked my curiosity again about the wonders of MoMe so I signed up for a 2 month trial to see if I still have email issues. So far so good BUT something is off with my syncing. All my existing data transferred easily to the Iphone, Imac, and Macbook so I did a test with a new calendar item and no go. It is not pushing between the 3. Do I need to do a reset on both computers under the MoMe settings?
    02-08-2009 11:23 AM
    I spoke too soon. All is syncing correctly!
    02-08-2009 11:50 AM
    Yay! I have noticed the calendar syncing is the slowest. So sometimes you gotta have a little patience I don't think it's ever longer than 15 minutes though. It's usually quicker.
    02-08-2009 12:14 PM
    That is Great Txdogs!! Sometimes when I first started using MoMe I would have to set the preferences before syncing to "MoMe overwrites handheld this time". Just to get everything "up to par" so to speak. I only had to do it once or twice back when MoMe was acting fickle in the Fall. I have not had to do that since though and I would not do it if I did not have to.

Most of the time my syncing occurs within seconds..sometimes it will take a few minutes though.

BTW.... shouldn't it be "Tx-dawgs"
    02-08-2009 02:25 PM
    with all the great features mobileme provides, it's definitely worth every dollar.

it's better to be safe than sorry
    02-08-2009 03:35 PM

BTW.... shouldn't it be "Tx-dawgs"
    Silly. Actually it used to be the txdawgs username but after time and too many others using it as well, I ended up with txdogs. Probably time for a change so I used a new name for MoMe.
    02-08-2009 03:58 PM
    Does the news of Google Echange services change anyones answer to this question? I have to think that if Google gets Gmail on its exchange service, there is no need for Mobile Me for me...
    02-09-2009 04:39 PM
    My first day back with MoMe and it sure does eat up the battery! What settings do you all use for automatic syncing? I set mine at hourly.
    02-09-2009 05:00 PM
    My first day back with MoMe and it sure does eat up the battery! What settings do you all use for automatic syncing? I set mine at hourly.
    Mine is set this way: Settings=>Fetch New Data=> Push(On)

This way my Emails/Contacts/Calender is push to my iPhone as soon as it hits MoMe. What eats up my battery is 3G and BT. If I use Edge and WiFi my battery life is much much better. That being said I leave mine on 3G most of the time. I just keep a charger in the Truck with me.
    02-09-2009 06:57 PM
    I've had it since it was .Mac and love it as MobileMe even more. I will renew again and again. I never had the bad luck that others complained of when it launched for the iPhone.
    02-10-2009 03:21 PM
    I'm a Windows, Outlook, iPhone user with MobileMe. The functionality is great, and very seamless.

However, it has one really ugly problem - if my laptop happens to change IP addresses (which it does at least twice a day as I move between my work office and home), MobileMe always looses it's association, and disables itself. I then have to go and reconfigure it, and resync it. Then it's good again, until my IP address changes. That implementation is really lame.

Great product though.

- Dan
    02-10-2009 05:08 PM
    I will renew my MobileMe because it works so well with my exisitng Apple toys.

iPhone
    MacBook
    Apple TV

But I would like to add that it is a tad expensive....

When I purchased initially I got a discount because of the "Employee Purchase Program" through my work. However the discount is not there at point of renewal.

In comparison to the US we do (as always) have to pay more for the same services overhere in the UK. Which considering I only personally benefit from Push Email it is expensive. But hey ho, I love my .mac or .me email addy and renewl is around Xmas so I just treat myself.
    02-10-2009 05:57 PM
    Alongside the "Notebook" and "Toodledo" apps, it's vital that I also have the ability to sync calendars and contacts, so yes, I will renew my MobileMe subscription. As a former Palm user, I take PIMs (and the ability to sync wirelessly) pretty seriously. :-)

I have to sync my iphone to my Macbook and my PC Dell laptop - I've been so spoiled with MoMe, I'm not sure I could go back to life without it!

IMO, $99 a year is a pretty damn good deal for all you get. But again, that's just me.

The "cloud" and the ability to sync to it is the wave of the future. I almost think you *have* to have something like it on a smartphone, but that's just my opinion.

Sorry, I'm rushing to get to work, so I'm rushing this response,
    B.
    Last edited by Tunnelrunner; 02-11-2009 at 05:13 PM.
    02-11-2009 05:58 AM
    Actually it is 20G per year for $99. I have heard of some people that use Windoze having trouble with MoMe. Also when MoMe first rolled out there were many problems, but in true Apple form they corrected them in a timely fashion. (more than we can say for most companies)

Like BA said, MoMe is in line with other on-line storage companies ( ie. Box.net). There are free versions of other on-line storage out there with the same or larger storage capacity, but they do not have the same features as MoMe. (ie. Push email, Calendar, sync storage all automatically sycned. That is the true beauty of MoMe)

With "free" you usually get what you pay for.
    ummmm just to clarify, you do know apple, is the last company to ever fix something. from security updates to where is this push notifications, what is it now half a year now?
    yes they are QUICK! to remove i mean fix things.
    02-13-2009 02:31 AM
    ummmm just to clarify, you do know apple, is the last company to ever fix something. from security updates to where is this push notifications, what is it now half a year now?
    Actually Palm is the last company to ever fix things!

The things you mentioned are features not things that do not work. We can debate whether they should be on there or not and there are plenty of threads and debate for that.
    02-18-2009 10:24 PM
    Fixing things? Who are you kidding? Look how fast Apple put out firmware fixes for iPhone and the Macs! Pretty quick if you ask me.
    Last edited by Jeremy Sikora; 02-20-2009 at 09:44 AM.
    02-18-2009 10:32 PM
    I will be keeping mine for sure! At the minimum, with mM you are able to have contacts, calendars, and bookmarks in sync everywhere and that = no more docking!

mM is a must even for pc users. If you don't like it, then you probably don't have it set or or utilize it to it's full potential.
    02-20-2009 03:14 AM
    Just signed up for it and so far, I'm quite impressed. Its going to be nice to have everything in once place!

The more and more I play with these products its making me want to try out the dark side in the form of a Mac laptop.
    04-26-2009 09:05 PM
    I'm really liking this whole syncing all my computers, being able to do printer sharing, photos, the storage space to where people can just see my public drive if i need to get them files, wow...I just started my 60 day trial, I'd be stupid not to take the 2 free months, but after that I definitely think I'll be buying a year subscription.
    04-28-2009 03:10 AM
    Alright so I have a question. Since amazon has MobileMe for cheaper if I do that can I keep the same email from the trial I currently have? How does that work? Is it just a key?
    04-29-2009 01:26 AM
    Yep you can keep the same account or set up a new one, your choice. I bought mine off ebay and yeah I just got a key.
    04-29-2009 09:39 AM
    Keeping mine, love it. I wish the UI online at me.com was a little more stable per say such as google's gmail online.

When I go to add a contact me.com refreshes cancelling all I've done, I would then have to do it again to take.
    04-30-2009 08:36 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD