I went to the status page (Apple - Support - MobileMe) or support page and began walking through everything. To make this short- did all the checks...then TURNED OFF THE PHONE. TURN IT BACK ON- tah dah!!! MM worked, Gmail downloaded, there was dancing in the streets. Duh... now where does MM set up tell you to turn the phone off???

Anyway...things are working as they should.
    07-22-2008 07:06 PM
    Yahoo Mail has a reputation for being unreliable.
    07-23-2008 04:56 AM
    I've been using gmail on my Treo 700w for a while now in a non-push, but acceptable manner.

I don't get a massive number of emails, but when I do get one, I want to be notified. So, I used a filter to forward emails (excluding my bank and Amazon, the only non-personal emails I get) to my phone as an SMS message.

I'm on Verizon, so the email address I send it to is something like:
    8885551212@vtext.com

Normally within 10-30 seconds after I've sent an email to my gmail account, I will get an SMS message with a blurb of the email.

Obviously, if you get massive emails, this would be prohibitive. However, if you are like me and 1) don't want to change from gmail and 2) want a cheap alternative (especially if you already have an SMS package) and 3) getting your email RIGHT NOW isn't absolutely vital, this is probably a viable alternative.

Michael
    07-24-2008 08:06 AM
    I was interested in the same thing, and found that combining mobileme features with GoogleApps was a very good solution. I like the automatic folder syncing (especially because I have TWO macs and an iPhone) and then all of the email improvements i get with google. I found this little manual useful (syncmydomain website), although it did cost me a few bucks. I hated spending for this sort of thing, but it probably saved me a day or so of figuring this out by myself.
    02-04-2010 10:31 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD