Buying .Mac for MobileMe?

anon(1217668)

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
From what I just read, I think it was on the blogs on the homepage here, people with a .mac address can already start sending and receiving emails with their same username @me.com, even though the service isn't up yet (far as I know) they've got the email system going. So if you buy .mac now as JSmith@mac.com (provided it's not taken) you should also be able to use JSmith@me.com.

Edit: Cant take the email tags out so don't click on them, it's pointless, lol.

Edit2: follow this too =P

Last edited:

Cool Cat

Dec 16, 2004
www.muelver.us
Looks like a good deal. The problem that I'm running into is that I've got a really old .Mac account with an additional email address. I'd like to upgrade to a Family account and switch the additional email address over to one of the family member accounts instead of email only. I can't find anywhere that says how to do that.

jmeiners

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
Looks like a good deal. The problem that I'm running into is that I've got a really old .Mac account with an additional email address. I'd like to upgrade to a Family account and switch the additional email address over to one of the family member accounts instead of email only. I can't find anywhere that says how to do that.

Cool Cat: this may help. I found this on the .mac help page

Upgrading to a .Mac Family Pack account
If you're a full .Mac member, you can upgrade your account to a .Mac Family Pack at any time.

A .Mac Family Pack includes one full .Mac membership with 10 gigabytes (GB) of combined email and iDisk storage, four .Mac sub-accounts with 2.5 GB of combined email and iDisk storage, and a shared iDisk folder for you and your family.

Note: .Mac Family Pack sub-accounts cannot add email-only accounts or upgrade storage.

To upgrade your individual account to a Family Pack account:
If you're not already logged in to .Mac, go to Apple - .Mac, and log in.
Click Account in the left column of the .Mac homepage, and then confirm your login.
On the Account Settings page, click Buy More.
Choose Upgrade from the Family Pack pop-up menu, and then click Continue.
Review your billing information and click Continue.
Review your order and click Buy Now.
Wait while your order is processed (it only takes a moment). Don't use your browser to view another page until you see your purchase confirmation.

After you purchase a .Mac Family Pack, you can convert a .Mac trial account or an expired .Mac account to a Family Pack sub-account. For more information, search .Mac Help for "Converting a .Mac trial account to a Family Pack sub-account" or "Converting an expired .Mac account to a Family Pack sub-account."

tankgunk

Jul 8, 2008
Visit site
I love when I find clever ways to get something at a significant discount. Like the time I got curious and googled for a ThinkGeek promo code and found one for $10 off in one click...

BeyondtheTech

Jul 2, 2008
Visit site
I just bought another iMac, I believe Apple stores offer a discount if you purchase .Mac with or soon after a computer purchase.

moomen

Jul 1, 2008
Visit site
I chatted with .mac support and they said there was no advantage/disadvantage to purchasing a trial .mac and upgrading vs. purchasing mobile me, other then a retail box...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73