Went and picked one up to pair with my first one since they are going bye bye.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
How well do you think they sound together?

They sound amazing for what they are. In my bedroom they are phenomenal. I’ve got a pair of Klipsch speakers and a 12” sub in my living room so obviously they don’t match that. But if you’re looking for a full and even sound that can fill a room, these do the trick. I’m definitely happy with my purchase.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Quis. I purchased two around Christmas time and gave one to my youngest son. I had been meaning to purchase a second one for myself, but never got around to it. I use the one in my room every day so I may pick up another one this weekend and use them as a stereo pair like you are doing. Thanks again.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Quis. I purchased two around Christmas time and gave one to my youngest son. I had been meaning to purchase a second one for myself, but never got around to it. I use the one in my room every day so I may pick up another one this weekend and use them as a stereo pair like you are doing. Thanks again.

As a quick update, I went out a purchased a second AppleTV 4K over the weekend. I had a Roku in my bedroom but that doesn't work with the HomePods and to get full use, I needed to get another AppleTV. Now I have my stereo HomePod pair as my default audio source. Love them even more now!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Man, don’t make me go out and spend unnecessary dollars….(Laughing)

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
This is exactly what I came here for!! I was thinking of getting a couple HomePods to use with my TV, but I don’t have an Apple TV 4K, I have the 4th Gen Since I only have 1 TV in my apartment, I’m not sure it even makes sense to buy a new Apple TV when the one I have works just fine. UGH….I hate these kind of dilemmas I’m not a huge TV watcher, so getting an expensive sound bar just didn’t make sense to me. Idk what to do.

Edit: Will I be able to connect HomePod to my Bluetooth turntable?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This is exactly what I came here for!! I was thinking of getting a couple HomePods to use with my TV, but I don’t have an Apple TV 4K, I have the 4th Gen Since I only have 1 TV in my apartment, I’m not sure it even makes sense to buy a new Apple TV when the one I have works just fine. UGH….I hate these kind of dilemmas I’m not a huge TV watcher, so getting an expensive sound bar just didn’t make sense to me. Idk what to do.

Edit: Will I be able to connect HomePod to my Bluetooth turntable?

If the turntable is AirPlay compatible then it should work with the HomePod/HomePod Mini. Otherwise, the answer is no unless I’m mistaken.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Update: I went ahead and ordered 2 HomePods & an Apple TV 4K. I figured I’ll use my Apple TV 4th gen if I decide to get another tv. I also don’t mind that the HomePod has been discontinued. I enjoy the way it sounds (my guy has one) & it looks great! Now comes the hard part…deciding on a stand for each HomePod

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Late to the party but I scored a brand new HomePod locally for a great deal. I never pulled the trigger on one sooner due to pricing but now I finally got one for the price I wanted to pay. I plan to use it as a music speaker in my kitchen since I already have a soundbar with Dolby Atmos on my Apple TV 4K. I don't care that it's discontinued as I'm sure I'll get my money's worth for however long Apple plans to support it. I'm excited about my new toy.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Late to the party but I scored a brand new HomePod locally for a great deal. I never pulled the trigger on one sooner due to pricing but now I finally got one for the price I wanted to pay. I plan to use it as a music speaker in my kitchen since I already have a soundbar with Dolby Atmos on my Apple TV 4K. I don't care that it's discontinued as I'm sure I'll get my money's worth for however long Apple plans to support it. I'm excited about my new toy.

That’s awesome! I think it would e great to have one!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Congratulations on getting your new Home Pod and I'm sure it'll last your many years. I'm still enjoying mine as well as my Home Pod Mini.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Welcome to the “late to the party” crew LOL….Congratulations I’m sure you’ll enjoy it..I know I enjoy mine

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Thanks @Just_Me_D and @nikkisharif for the congrats! Omg this thing sounds awesome!! If only I could find another brand new one for $150 which is what I paid for mine then I would totally pair them for stereo sound in my kitchen. Oh well I’ll enjoy the one I have which is fabulous. Apple you’ve got me way deep in the ecosystem but I love it

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks @Just_Me_D and @nikkisharif for the congrats! Omg this thing sounds awesome!! If only I could find another brand new one for $150 which is what I paid for mine then I would totally pair them for stereo sound in my kitchen. Oh well I’ll enjoy the one I have which is fabulous. Apple you’ve got me way deep in the ecosystem but I love it

I wish I can find a new one for that price. I'd get a second one, too....(Laughing)....;)

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

That’s an amazing price You really came up! I’d definitely get another one for that.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Well lightning has struck twice! Momma got another brand new HomePod for an unbelievable deal. It’s stereo time baby

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2