What do you think of the HomePod Mini?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Woot! Love the design... spherical! I'm drawn to the white, but the space gray would probably make more sense! Love the price- $99!

ekneeiphone

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
In the promotional video at the event on Tuesday it seemed that the HomePod mini did not need to be connected to a wall outlet. Is that correct? Is it chargeable or does it have to be plugged in to an outlet?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if it feels heavier than it looks. The reason I ask is because the original Home Pod is “heavy”.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
In the promotional video at the event on Tuesday it seemed that the HomePod mini did not need to be connected to a wall outlet. Is that correct? Is it chargeable or does it have to be plugged in to an outlet?

I am watching the iMore Show, which is currently live. I asked the question about charging, and it will need to be plugged in to charge... just like the regular HomePod.

iwoodland

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I’m going to get two, one for my study and one for the bedroom. They look really good. I love my other HomePod. It can hear me no matter how loud everything is going on around it

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I am watching the iMore Show, which is currently live. I asked the question about charging, and it will need to be plugged in to charge... just like the regular HomePod.

Are you saying the mini and the charger will both need to be plugged in to charge?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
HomePod Mini

Are you saying the mini and the charger will both need to be plugged in to charge?

What language is this?
Is there a battery present in the HomePod and the HomePod mini?
If not, why would there be a charger in the package if it needs to be plugged in at all times.
And why do you think the charger won’t need to be plugged in? Does it come with its own battery?

Like I said, I don’t understand.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

Correction- During the iMore Show Rene said that the HomePod Mini works just like a HomePod, and after reading more, it seems that the HomePod needs to be plugged in.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
What language is this?
Is there a battery present in the HomePod and the HomePod mini?
If not, why would there be a charger in the package if it needs to be plugged in at all times.
And why do you think the charger won’t need to be plugged in? Does it come with its own battery?

Like I said, I don’t understand.

Exactly. I knew that. What was said didn't make sense.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m going to get two, one for my study and one for the bedroom. They look really good. I love my other HomePod. It can hear me no matter how loud everything is going on around it

That is true. You can almost whisper the words, “Hey Siri” and the HomePod will detect it. I can be in my room and say Hey Siri to my nearby iPhone and the HomePod in the living room will respond.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR