👋 Hello iMore peeps! I have two HomePods in my living room and I love using them as a stereo pair with my Apple TV! But. They are buggy 🐜 when used for that (not as originally intended) purpose. I am extreeemely hopeful that iOS 13 for HomePod addresses some of these bugs when it is released this fall.

Does anyone else have issues with using HomePod(s) on an Apple TV? And are there any existing or expected fixes?
    10-09-2019 12:22 AM
    Why would it be a bug if you're using the HomePods in the manner not intended? I use my HomePod quite a bit, but I only have one.
    10-09-2019 08:21 PM
    Touché! I guess it isn’t necessarily a missing feature, just a not very well implemented feature... do you ever use your HomePod with your Apple TV?
    10-09-2019 10:11 PM
    Touché! I guess it isn’t necessarily a missing feature, just a not very well implemented feature... do you ever use your HomePod with your Apple TV?
    Sometimes. In particular, when I want to switch from using the sound bar that’s connected to my TV.
    10-10-2019 08:29 AM
    Right on! I had a soundbar but I gave it away to a friend when I got my first HomePod. I set up a stereo pair when I got my second HomePod, and it works well enough that I use it often. However sometimes the sound cuts out when I am watching a program, and the remote for the Apple TV doesn’t always control sound on the HomePod pair. Not ideal, and I’m looking forward to a HomePod software update that resolves these issues.
    10-10-2019 12:32 PM
    Why would it be a bug if you're using the HomePods in the manner not intended? I use my HomePod quite a bit, but I only have one.
    Since the launch of AirPlay 2, this is an intended and advertised feature from Apple. If they aren't working, it is most certainly a bug or an issue.
    10-10-2019 12:36 PM