So I am a homepod owner, and I love mine. But there is no disputing that this is a failed product from Apple. Way overpriced and far too limited on what Siri can do this thing was doomed from the start.

Here’s hoping that Apple finally realizes that they can’t just put their logo on something that there a millions of options already available and expect it to sell at a massively inflated price.
    xanadome likes this.
    02-17-2019 04:57 PM
    I love my HomePod too. But it is overpriced. I think $200 to $250 would have been better.
    02-17-2019 05:18 PM
    I also feel that it’s overpriced. It was never a consideration for us because of this.
    aximtreo likes this.
    02-17-2019 06:22 PM
    Failing to meet one’s expectations does not equate to a failed product. The HomePod is first and foremost a ‘speaker’ with Siri built-in.
    02-17-2019 07:03 PM
    I've read quite a few articles regarding HomePod sales based on retailers and it would imply the HomePod isn't a HUGE success. I'd imagine price is a primary reason for that. That's the reason I didn't get one. For the price, it's rather limited in what it can do as a device.
    02-18-2019 02:55 PM
    Failing to meet one’s expectations does not equate to a failed product. The HomePod is first and foremost a ‘speaker’ with Siri built-in.
    I agree... and I was thinking about my response earlier. I know that there are many folks who are quite happy with theirs. I don't think it's been the big seller that Apple hoped it would be, but while it's not for me, I don't think that means it's a failure either.
    02-18-2019 03:08 PM
    The Google Home Hub is sooooooooo much better.
    02-18-2019 05:49 PM
    I agree... and I was thinking about my response earlier. I know that there are many folks who are quite happy with theirs. I don't think it's been the big seller that Apple hoped it would be, but while it's not for me, I don't think that means it's a failure either.
    I understand and I agree that it’s expensive for a single speaker.
    02-18-2019 07:29 PM
    I got mine for $249 during Black Friday. I love the sound but find I don’t use it as often as I expected
    02-18-2019 09:11 PM
    Too soon to announce the HomePod as a failure (Not sure it should be considered such even now.). I realize sales thus far, compared to Alexa devices, etc., lag significantly. However, that is a poor comparison. Kinda like comparing a cheap Android phone with an iPhone.

With that said, I suspect the HomePod will remain a niche product unless its capabilities improve and the price decreases. Will that happen? Probably at least in the former case.

From my perspective, the biggest limitation currently is the inability to connect the HomePod via Bluetooth to non Apple (Or, non AirPlay) devices. Originally I thought about getting two and using them with my TV. Not.

Great speaker. Make it work with any Bluetooth device and closer to $250 and I think the HomePod would be a big winner. (FWIW, I have owned a HomePod for a couple of months. Got it from Best Buy for $250.)
    02-19-2019 11:56 AM
    Too early to call it a failure. Apple does need to market a lower priced version, for say $200. However, Siri also needs major improvements!
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    02-19-2019 12:45 PM
    As a speaker with competitive Siri functionality, the Homepod could be competitive at about $200 - 250. however, AS A HOME HUB, IT NEEDS TO BE EVEN LESS EXPENSIVE.
    02-19-2019 12:47 PM
    The Google Home Hub is sooooooooo much better.
    Definitely going to disagree with that. But if you prefer it then I’m glad it’s working for you.
    02-19-2019 12:47 PM
    Definitely going to disagree with that. But if you prefer it then I’m glad it’s working for you.
    What makes the Homepod better in your opinion? I've been bouncing between HomePod, Google Home and the Sonos.
    02-19-2019 01:49 PM
    I don’t think it is a failure,it’s just not for me. In fact I don’t think any system so far is for me,the idea that a wifi speaker can possibly,by itself reach out and communicate with other systems is a great big No as far as I’m concerned.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    02-20-2019 08:00 AM
    Well, it's objectively better. It can do a whole lot more than the HomePod. The HomePod doesn't even have a display.
    02-20-2019 12:39 PM
    So I am a homepod owner, and I love mine. But there is no disputing that this is a failed product from Apple. Way overpriced and far too limited on what Siri can do this thing was doomed from the start.

Here’s hoping that Apple finally realizes that they can’t just put their logo on something that there a millions of options already available and expect it to sell at a massively inflated price.
    It did grow up over 45% in the last quarter. It’s great product with amazing sound. Alexa or google are failed products : privacy matter . And google home was gifted at the stores if you buy a television or fridge . That’s the answer.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    02-27-2019 07:10 PM
    Who said it failed to meet expectations. I specifically said that I love mine. Its a fantastic speaker. Its a failed product because its sales are abysmal.
    02-27-2019 07:35 PM
    It did grow up over 45% in the last quarter. It’s great product with amazing sound. Alexa or google are failed products : privacy matter . And google home was gifted at the stores if you buy a television or fridge . That’s the answer.
    It grew over the holidays 45% which was 45% from basically nothing. And at that time there were a ton of sales for $100 off the device. Success of a product is measured by sales, and when you are Apple, they have to be big or its a failure.
    02-27-2019 07:39 PM
    Who said it failed to meet expectations. I specifically said that I love mine. Its a fantastic speaker. Its a failed product because its sales are abysmal.
    You did! In the initial post you stated,

”...But there is no disputing that this is a failed product from Apple. ....”
    Then you went on to state why, in your opinion, which basically equates to it failing to meet your expectations.
    02-28-2019 07:56 AM
    You did! In the initial post you stated,
    Yeah that's in no way stating that it failed to meet MY expectations, which is what you were claiming. I specifically stated I very much liked mine. From a sales standpoint its failed to meet expectations.
    02-28-2019 08:01 AM
    Yeah that's in no way stating that it failed to meet MY expectations, which is what you were claiming. I specifically stated I very much liked mine. From a sales standpoint its failed to meet expectations.
    My bad!...I misunderstood your post. My apologies.
    02-28-2019 08:04 AM
    My bad!...I misunderstood your post. My apologies.
    Oh no problem, just wanted to clarify.
    02-28-2019 08:05 AM
    From a sales standpoint its failed to meet expectations.
    But, whose expectations? Even sales statistics are subjective, and Apple really doesn’t discuss sales forecasts.
    02-28-2019 12:56 PM
    Home Pod is not for me at it's current state, that's all I got to say about that.
    02-28-2019 01:27 PM
28 12