I love my homepods. Yes I have 3, but I agree, it just never reached full potential. And waaaaaay overpriced. I actually got two refurbed ones off of Woot a few weeks ago for 220.
    03-02-2019 12:57 PM
    Well, it's objectively better. It can do a whole lot more than the HomePod. The HomePod doesn't even have a display.
    I don’t like google in my home and I have not been pleased with the google home device I had. It would lock my chrome cast to YouTube and not disconnect without being unplugged. It would lose connection to my hue lights regularly. The sound was not as good as my HomePod and it was a pain in the butt to set up. I don’t want any smart speaker with a screen. I don’t see value in that. So for me the choice was clear. If what you bought works for you then great.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    03-02-2019 05:36 PM
    I don’t like google in my home and I have not been pleased with the google home device I had. It would lock my chrome cast to YouTube and not disconnect without being unplugged. It would lose connection to my hue lights regularly. The sound was not as good as my HomePod and it was a pain in the butt to set up. I don’t want any smart speaker with a screen. I don’t see value in that. So for me the choice was clear. If what you bought works for you then great.
    You don’t like google, great. But that doesn’t mean the Google Home Hub isn’t objectively better than the HopePpd.
    03-04-2019 01:21 PM
    I feel like most people don’t give a damn what their smart speakers sound like. That’s why people see the price of a HomePod and see how limited Siri is think an echo is better than a HomePod even though it sounds like crap. And for the people that do care about sound quality, they are probably going to get/already have true hifi speakers. Add to that that you have to have an iOS device to even use it (which is weird because you can use Apple Music on Android but need an iPhone to use HomePod?) and you can see why sales are down

However, I think HomePod is the best sounding speaker for $350 or less (now $300) on the market.

PS I don’t know why people buy it and then say they hardly use it. You should have known Siri’s limitations beforehand and if you aren’t using it for music very often then why bother shelling out $300+?
    05-21-2019 12:15 AM
    You don’t like google, great. But that doesn’t mean the Google Home Hub isn’t objectively better than the HopePpd.
    Maybe the Google hone products are better as a voice assistant but for actual audio quality, even the Home Max pales in comparison.

Maybe the Google hone products are better as a voice assistant but for actual audio quality, even the Home Max pales in comparison.
    05-21-2019 12:18 AM
30 12