Just bought a HomePod for my house. My wife is home more often than me, so we wanted to set it up under her AppleID, but the HomePod setup says that only the “Home Owner” can complete the setup (which is me) She wanted to be able to use the Personal Requests features...which is obviously not an option if I set it up under my AppleID.

I can’t seem to find a way around this other than to delete our “Home” and re-set it all up under her AppleID (which neither of us want to do because she doesn’t want to admin everything with our HomeKit items)...

Anyone find a way around this?
    02-11-2018 12:06 PM
    Just bought a HomePod for my house. My wife is home more often than me, so we wanted to set it up under her AppleID, but the HomePod setup says that only the “Home Owner” can complete the setup (which is me) She wanted to be able to use the Personal Requests features...which is obviously not an option if I set it up under my AppleID.

I can’t seem to find a way around this other than to delete our “Home” and re-set it all up under her AppleID (which neither of us want to do because she doesn’t want to admin everything with our HomeKit items)...

Anyone find a way around this?
    I am not a Home-Kit user, but the HomePod is set up based on the Phone 1st, so if you set it up under your wife's phone, than she will be able to control what her phone allows.

However if she is not the Home-Kit owner / admin, than she can't control the home-kit products.

Unless there is a way to do dual-admins on Home-Kit you're stuck with one or the other option. No way around it that I can see.
    02-11-2018 12:54 PM
    I am not a Home-Kit user, but the HomePod is set up based on the Phone 1st, so if you set it up under your wife's phone, than she will be able to control what her phone allows.

However if she is not the Home-Kit owner / admin, than she can't control the home-kit products.

Unless there is a way to do dual-admins on Home-Kit you're stuck with one or the other option. No way around it that I can see.
    Thank you for your reply.

She has permissions for Remote Access and Editing...but I set up the Home itself...and trying to set up the HomePod on her phone says the “Home Owner” has to set up the HomePod.

Very disappointed...if we can’t figure out another solution, we will have to consider if we want to keep it and hope that a software update improves it or return it.
    02-11-2018 01:37 PM
    That would be frustrating! You might want to consider contacting Apple Support or at least submitting feedback.
    02-11-2018 01:39 PM
    Thank you for your reply.

She has permissions for Remote Access and Editing...but I set up the Home itself...and trying to set up the HomePod on her phone says the “Home Owner” has to set up the HomePod.

Very disappointed...if we can’t figure out another solution, we will have to consider if we want to keep it and hope that a software update improves it or return it.
    Hmm... I am far from being 100% right guessing Apple, more like 30% right.. but I can't see them changing that ability. Best you can hope for is that at some point they change Homekit to have dual "home-owners" or a Family Share like on Apple Music.

Sadly I don't think there will be a work around anytime in the remote future.
    02-11-2018 01:44 PM