Will you consider a second Home Pod if.....?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This is for those of you who have ordered an HomePod as well as those who are waiting to hear for themselves how it sounds.

if the HomePod exceeds your expectations, will you consider purchasing a second one to make it a pair?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
This is for those of you who have ordered an HomePod as well as those who are waiting to hear for themselves how it sounds.

if the HomePod exceeds your expectations, will you consider purchasing a second one to make it a pair?

Yes. But not to make it a pair. One for me for put in my man cave or down stairs and one for wife to put in her home office. So I’ll see how this first one does first.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

When AirPlay 2 drops, hopefully at some point soon after that I’ll be able to purchase a second one - to pair with the one that I currently have, so I can get stereo output from the two.

picnicmetoo

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
I am strongly thinking of a second one—likely use it for stereo. I own 2 Logitech Boom 2s and use them in stereo and while they don’t compete with the Homepod the stereo is quite nice (I will use them outside and carry one for travel). I won’t buy a second though until Airplay 2 comes out making stereo possible. I’m wondering how they will handle the multiple answers to Hey Siri. Last night I airplayed the new Homepod ad for my husband and when she said Hey Siri, my HP answered lol. And that occasionally happens with my phone and watch (I have first gen 12.9 Ipad Pro so it doesn’t respond to Hey Siri unless connected to power).

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I would definitely buy one if the price were lower. My husband would really enjoy it because he's really into music. I think there would be many benefits.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I purchased the HomePod a while back and glad that I did. With that being said, would I purchase a second one? Not anytime soon. The one that I currently have is sufficient.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I would consider buying 2 if and only if I could connect them to my Apple TV to also use for movies/tv shows. ATM I don't really even have the need for a single HomePod.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I ended up getting two. Got my first in February and then got a second in August. Had intended on using the second in another room but decided to pair it with the first. The Stereo pair sounds so good.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm realistically thinking 5 would be perfect for my house. A stereo pair in the LR/DR/Kitchen (open concept). Then 1 in the guest BR, 1 in the Master BR, and 1 in my Home office. Keep in mind that I have very robust home theater set ups in both the LR & my office that literally will shake the house off the foundation. I'm looking more for just good quality back ground music spread through out the house ...