Official 'I Ordered a HomePod' Thread!

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Well, I’ve just finished a session of listening to the HomePod and for myself I feel that it is well worth what I spent on it. I played a variety of music on it from Jazz (Miles Davis/Flamenco Sketches), to Classic Rock (Elton John/Levon), Classic R&B (Rick James/Super Freak), and some Electronic music with artists like Röyksopp & Robyn, and DJ Rashad. Overall it handled each type of genre of music well, imo. I especially liked Elton John’s vocals on ‘Levon’ as it felt to me that you could hear the energy that Elton was putting into his singing on that recording, it’s almost as if you can hear the emphasis he was placing on particular words. I got a similar feel/impression to Rick James singing/vocals on ‘Super Freak.’ Playing some Classical music on the HomePod will be one of my next things to do, as I got a little sense of what that might be like, as I played Queen + VonLichten’s version of ‘We Will Rock You (VonLichten)’ and there were some orchestral elements to that version of the song that gave me a glimpse into the power that the HomePod could give to that genre (Classical, Symphonic) of music. I might just do Classical with a twist & listen to Metallica’s collaboration with the San Francisco Symphony ‘S&M (Live).’

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I was considering getting one to replace my wonky old Logix iPod dock but will not, because of the lack of Spotify access.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I was considering getting one to replace my wonky old Logix iPod dock but will not, because of the lack of Spotify access.

I never tried / used Spotify, but again never used Apple Music until Homepod. That being said, not getting the HomePod because you can't use Spotify is what separates those who want the amazing quality of sound compared to those who "just want to have tunes" Matter of choice, for me it's about the quality over the app.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I never tried / used Spotify, but again never used Apple Music until Homepod. That being said, not getting the HomePod because you can't use Spotify is what separates those who want the amazing quality of sound compared to those who "just want to have tunes" Matter of choice, for me it's about the quality over the app.

Eh, that’s debatable. Spotify offers higher stream quality than Apple Music. One could argue that if you truly wanted quality, you wouldn’t be a subscriber to a music service that doesn’t even offer the best audio quality sound compared to the competition.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site

So, what I think you are saying is, that you only have experience of Apple music, and that you think that your Homepod has amazing sound quality ? well I am pleased for you. However I have some purchased Apple music and Spotify, and for me Spotify wins for audio quality over both speakers and ear buds, and I think your Homepod would sound even better if it could accept Spotify. As for the sheep from the goats argument that sounds to me like someone who has spent too much money and now has to like the product !

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
So, what I think you are saying is, that you only have experience of Apple music, and that you think that your Homepod has amazing sound quality ? well I am pleased for you. However I have some purchased Apple music and Spotify, and for me Spotify wins for audio quality over both speakers and ear buds, and I think your Homepod would sound even better if it could accept Spotify. As for the sheep from the goats argument that sounds to me like someone who has spent too much money and now has to like the product !

No, what I am saying regardless of music choice is that it's an amazing sound. I give less than a hair on a rat's butt about Spotify or Apple Music. As for someone who feels they spent too much money, I like it so much I placed a pickup order a BB and getting the second one today. The only regret is not getting two the first trip and having to out again today.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I’ve had mine 2 days and I’ll be returning it. Does it sound good? Yes. Does it sound $350 good? No. Is this speaker very smart? No. I’d say this is a $249 speaker max. For $350, it needs to be more than just a speaker and that’s pretty much all it’s good at.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I’ve had mine 2 days and I’ll be returning it. Does it sound good? Yes. Does it sound $350 good? No. Is this speaker very smart? No. I’d say this is a $249 speaker max. For $350, it needs to be more than just a speaker and that’s pretty much all it’s good at.

Same goes for about anything... But yet people still pay 2x to 10x as much for Car / Boat / Jacket / Purse / Shoes.. list goes on and on and on. Worth $350 ????? for me Yes.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Same goes for about anything... But yet people still pay 2x to 10x as much for Car / Boat / Jacket / Purse / Shoes.. list goes on and on and on. Worth $350 ????? for me Yes.

If you see the value in it, all power to you.

mpdifranco

Mar 17, 2018
Visit site
I drove to the states to pick mine up (it's not released in Canada yet). Sounds awesome, I've got it set up in my kitchen / living room. The microphone is super sensitive; it can hear me from other rooms and even when loud music is playing.

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I ordered on launch day here in Canada and then noticed a gap in my work schedule and cancelled and instead picked up a HomePod at the Apple store. I really like the HomePod so far even on its own not in a pair.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I ordered on launch day here in Canada and then noticed a gap in my work schedule and cancelled and instead picked up a HomePod at the Apple store. I really like the HomePod so far even on its own not in a pair.

It is definitely a nice piece of workmanship, in my opinion.

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site

What $350 speaker sounds better then?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77