This thing is way overhyped

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
We can agree to disagree on this

Apple has put Siri on the back burner for a long while but there’s no way there gonna let its short comings stand when there releasing a new product that will rely heavily on consumer to AI interaction.

Although I will not be buying a HomePod I feel all users will benefit on the Siri improvements that will come in time.

I hope you are right, but as it stands, the Siri you are getting is the same Siri on your phone. There isn't some new magical Siri that Apple is releasing with the Homepod. And based on Apples history, they already think Siri is great as evidenced by it being put on Macs in the exact same form that it comes in our phones. They didn't make any drastic improvements to it when they released it for their computers, and I don't expect any dramatic changes for the Homepod. The Siri we have now, is the Siri we are getting with the Homepod and time will tell how fast Apple improves it.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
In my experience with Siri and I do use it more than most that I know of is her lack of interpretation not her execution.

She needs more human language skills to stop the errors that are lost interpretation of the Questions or commands that we give her.

I was told that she will learn as you use her but it doesn’t appear to be the case

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Solid points, and "in my opinion" should be after every thing I said.

But it is being launched not fully baked. Multi Room Audio and Stereo will NOT be available at launch, so to me that's not a fully baked product especially if you want to use them in multiple rooms together. Apple has been a little late on the software side of things lately (see Apple Pay messaging and iCloud messaging) so who knows when that feature will be available.

And don't get me wrong, I love Apple and their products. I just think Siri isn't all that great and isn't really all that useful. It hasn't progressed like I thought it would have by now. Maybe some day, but now its still a novelty feature to me that isn't really faster or more useful than looking up something on my phone or computer, which to me is the whole point of Siri's existence.

Well stated, sir, and I do understand.

Last edited:

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
That's already a miss because Apple hasn't enhanced Siri to be better than the competitors. Many would argue that the virtual assistants from Google, Android, and Windows have surpassed Siri in every way. The Siri on the HomePod is the Siri on your phone, so its not going to be anything different.

That's why I installed Google Assistant on my X.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I’m with a few here and am questioning why it’s so pricey. If the sound quality is on par with Bose’s offerings, then that would be understandable. But Siri is quite underwhelming so that should not be a selling point. Unless they plan to supercharge her soon, the only thing that will sell this is the speaker.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Actually I’m quite on the opposite position. I’m very intrigued about HomePod, and I’m planning to buy it in the future (not yet available here in Italy).
Siri not perfect ? Absolutely agree, but I’m sure HomePod will be a driving factor to improve it.

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Apple tracks it's users to. So what's your point. If I am giving up my privacy,at do it to the superior product. It's looking light years beyond Siri. Alexa is even better than Siri. Siri sucks.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I hope you are right, but as it stands, the Siri you are getting is the same Siri on your phone. There isn't some new magical Siri that Apple is releasing with the Homepod. And based on Apples history, they already think Siri is great as evidenced by it being put on Macs in the exact same form that it comes in our phones. They didn't make any drastic improvements to it when they released it for their computers, and I don't expect any dramatic changes for the Homepod. The Siri we have now, is the Siri we are getting with the Homepod and time will tell how fast Apple improves it.

There is a limit to how much Siri can improve, and the limit is our privacy. Goggle is just collecting an enormous amount of data worldwide. Our data. They are “offering” free services, in exchange for our data. This is the reason Google assistant is better than Siri. Apple is trying to improve Siri without affecting our privacy, and I’m absolutely happy about that.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Apple tracks it's users to. So what's your point. If I am giving up my privacy,at do it to the superior product. It's looking light years beyond Siri. Alexa is even better than Siri. Siri sucks.
Nope. Apple is way better than Google or Amazon in preserving our privacy. A totally different league.
You can choose whatever please you more. I’m trying to avoid Google s much as i can.

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Nope. Apple is way better than Google or Amazon in preserving our privacy. A totally different league.
You can choose whatever please you more. I’m trying to avoid Google s much as i can.

You can believe what you want. The evidence says otherwise. Time for you to remove your foil hat.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
You can believe what you want. The evidence says otherwise. Time for you to remove your foil hat.
Plenty of evidence for google being the worst company of the planet about user’s privacy... they’ve condemned several times in several countries.
No way i could trust google for my personal data.

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Blah,blah,blah....Remind me to get you a pacifier to go along with your foil hat. "I do not argue with [redacted] people. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience " On that note I am done.

Last edited by a moderator:

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Blah,blah,blah....Remind me to get you a pacifier to go along with your foil hat. "I do not argue with [redacted] people. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience " On that note I am done.
Oh, i remember you... the little Android fan...
I’m still waiting for “evidence” about Apple being like Google. In the meanwhile...
3B2D69FB-C5A7-42A4-9C69-66445F60646D.jpg
8EAC2D9F-E1FA-4433-B0E4-2B9239F04DBF.jpg
CEBAF6F0-EE97-4870-8EC6-900B1706A68B.png

I could literally go on for hours

Last edited by a moderator:

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site

Agree. While none of them are flawless, there is no doubt that Googles primary business is to make money off our information. No one can dispute that. Apple is much better at preserving our privacy.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The Home Pod versus review that Serenity posted over on the blog side was a big plus for the device, in my opinion, and if the sound is indeed as described, I’ll get one, but that decision is still in the future.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Since I don’t yet don’t know much about it, I can’t honestly make an informed decision. In my narrow scope, it doesn’t seem like it’s for me... at this time. But once I learn more, time will tell!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner