• 00Days
  • 00Hours
  • 00Mins
  • 00Secs
Check out the best deals!
    I’m with a few here and am questioning why it’s so pricey. If the sound quality is on par with Bose’s offerings, then that would be understandable. But Siri is quite underwhelming so that should not be a selling point. Unless they plan to supercharge her soon, the only thing that will sell this is the speaker.
    01-27-2018 06:14 AM
    Actually I’m quite on the opposite position. I’m very intrigued about HomePod, and I’m planning to buy it in the future (not yet available here in Italy).
    Siri not perfect ? Absolutely agree, but I’m sure HomePod will be a driving factor to improve it.
    kataran likes this.
    01-27-2018 06:39 AM
    That's why I installed Google Assistant on my X.
    Basically you are giving up your privacy to have a slightly better assistant. Your phone, your choice
    01-27-2018 06:45 AM
    Apple tracks it's users to. So what's your point. If I am giving up my privacy,at do it to the superior product. It's looking light years beyond Siri. Alexa is even better than Siri. Siri sucks.
    DMP89145 and Smply_Rckless like this.
    01-27-2018 06:48 AM
    I hope you are right, but as it stands, the Siri you are getting is the same Siri on your phone. There isn't some new magical Siri that Apple is releasing with the Homepod. And based on Apples history, they already think Siri is great as evidenced by it being put on Macs in the exact same form that it comes in our phones. They didn't make any drastic improvements to it when they released it for their computers, and I don't expect any dramatic changes for the Homepod. The Siri we have now, is the Siri we are getting with the Homepod and time will tell how fast Apple improves it.
    There is a limit to how much Siri can improve, and the limit is our privacy. Goggle is just collecting an enormous amount of data worldwide. Our data. They are “offering” free services, in exchange for our data. This is the reason Google assistant is better than Siri. Apple is trying to improve Siri without affecting our privacy, and I’m absolutely happy about that.
    kataran likes this.
    01-27-2018 06:55 AM
    Apple tracks it's users to. So what's your point. If I am giving up my privacy,at do it to the superior product. It's looking light years beyond Siri. Alexa is even better than Siri. Siri sucks.
    Nope. Apple is way better than Google or Amazon in preserving our privacy. A totally different league.
    You can choose whatever please you more. I’m trying to avoid Google s much as i can.
    TgeekB likes this.
    01-27-2018 06:59 AM
    Nope. Apple is way better than Google or Amazon in preserving our privacy. A totally different league.
    You can choose whatever please you more. I’m trying to avoid Google s much as i can.
    You can believe what you want. The evidence says otherwise. Time for you to remove your foil hat.
    01-27-2018 07:01 AM
    You can believe what you want. The evidence says otherwise. Time for you to remove your foil hat.
    Plenty of evidence for google being the worst company of the planet about user’s privacy... they’ve condemned several times in several countries.
    No way i could trust google for my personal data.
    TgeekB and Annie_8plus like this.
    01-27-2018 07:05 AM
    Blah,blah,blah....Remind me to get you a pacifier to go along with your foil hat. "I do not argue with [redacted] people. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience " On that note I am done.
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 01-27-2018 at 08:16 AM.
    01-27-2018 07:09 AM
    Blah,blah,blah....Remind me to get you a pacifier to go along with your foil hat. "I do not argue with [redacted] people. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience " On that note I am done.
    Oh, i remember you... the little Android fan...
    I’m still waiting for “evidence” about Apple being like Google. In the meanwhile...
    This thing is way overhyped-3b2d69fb-c5a7-42a4-9c69-66445f60646d.jpg
    This thing is way overhyped-8eac2d9f-e1fa-4433-b0e4-2b9239f04dbf.jpg
    This thing is way overhyped-cebaf6f0-ee97-4870-8ec6-900b1706a68b.png

I could literally go on for hours
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 01-27-2018 at 08:16 AM.
    TgeekB likes this.
    01-27-2018 07:21 AM
    Agree. While none of them are flawless, there is no doubt that Googles primary business is to make money off our information. No one can dispute that. Apple is much better at preserving our privacy.
    MaxSmarties likes this.
    01-27-2018 07:46 AM
    The Home Pod versus review that Serenity posted over on the blog side was a big plus for the device, in my opinion, and if the sound is indeed as described, I’ll get one, but that decision is still in the future.
    Annie_8plus and TgeekB like this.
    01-27-2018 07:57 AM
    Since I don’t yet don’t know much about it, I can’t honestly make an informed decision. In my narrow scope, it doesn’t seem like it’s for me... at this time. But once I learn more, time will tell!
    01-27-2018 08:15 AM
    Now that the potshots are out of the way, move on, please.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    01-27-2018 08:18 AM
    The Home Pod versus review that Serenity posted over on the blog side was a big plus for the device, in my opinion, and if the sound is indeed as described, I’ll get one, but that decision is still in the future.
    Will you get it for the audio, Siri, or both?
    01-27-2018 08:42 AM
    Will you get it for the audio, Siri, or both?
    If I were to buy it, it would be for both, but the audio capabilities would be the primary reason.
    01-27-2018 09:18 AM
    If I were to buy it, it would be for both, but the audio capabilities would be the primary reason.
    Makes sense, my feelings also.
    Siri development will advance but for now, at least for me, it’s not the thing that would get me to dish out money for this device.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    01-27-2018 09:24 AM
    Makes sense, my feelings also.
    Siri development will advance but for now, at least for me, it’s not the thing that would get me to dish out money for this device.
    Oh definitely. I use Siri often and it does what I need it to do, however, I'm not shelling out $350 for the sole purpose of having it on a standalone device. Heck no! With that in mind, I would shell out that kind of money for the audio capabilities, * if * they are as described. When the Home Pod hit the stores, I'll check it out and decide from there.
    TgeekB likes this.
    01-27-2018 09:28 AM
    I don’t have Siri enabled on any device, and of those I know that do admit to not using it much, so can’t see the point really. If this gadget is capable of functioning isolated from my other devices and not broadcasting my everyday doings to all and sundry, I suppose it might have limited uses.
    01-27-2018 09:53 AM
    So I guess no one will ever buy it.. it's a miserable failure just like every other Apple product ever. The only sale they will have is the one I purchased.. what a failure for Apple. I will enjoy mine on the 9th, and so goes life. Maybe someone from Apple will call me being their only customer. (sarcasm).

I have never heard a forum dedicated to people who basically love Apple / iOS be so negative. Very sad. I personally have been looking forward to this product. I agree it's a bit $, but I think they really put quality into the hardware and sound.
    MaxSmarties and Tartarus like this.
    01-27-2018 01:34 PM
    So I guess no one will ever buy it.. it's a miserable failure just like every other Apple product ever. The only sale they will have is the one I purchased.. what a failure for Apple. I will enjoy mine on the 9th, and so goes life. Maybe someone from Apple will call me being their only customer. (sarcasm).

I have never heard a forum dedicated to people who basically love Apple / iOS be so negative. Very sad. I personally have been looking forward to this product. I agree it's a bit $, but I think they really put quality into the hardware and sound.
    Like with some Apple products, their significance, usefulness and awesomeness are only discovered a few months after they’re released.

Take the AirPods for example. In the first months they were very scarce and hard to get. Lately,in a span of a few hours, I have been noticing multiple people wearing them.

I have a feeling the same will happen with the HomePod too, albeit in an even slower rate.
    kataran likes this.
    01-27-2018 01:46 PM
    Like with some Apple products, their significance, usefulness and awesomeness are only discovered a few months after they’re released.

Take the AirPods for example. In the first months they were very scarce and hard to get. Lately,in a span of a few hours, I have been noticing multiple people wearing them.

I have a feeling the same will happen with the HomePod too, albeit in an even slower rate.
    I too have noticed more and more people sporting AirPods! Of course I work at a University and it seems that many got them for Christmas!
    Tartarus and kataran like this.
    01-27-2018 01:58 PM

Dude chill out. Just because Apple lacunas a product doesn't mean all of Apple's fans just have to accept it and love it. You play right into the Apple sheep mentality. People can love their products but question them on decisions they make. That's how they get better, by pushing them, not just accepting whatever they decide to throw at us.
    01-27-2018 03:14 PM
    Dude chill out. Just because Apple lacunas a product doesn't mean all of Apple's fans just have to accept it and love it. You play right into the Apple sheep mentality. People can love their products but question them on decisions they make. That's how they get better, by pushing them, not just accepting whatever they decide to throw at us.
    That's the whole point, people are bashing the product when they have not even used it. There was also the prior argument over google data vs. apple data. Try the product first and then have a sound educated comment instead of bashing things. Many are bashing over the price, not over the item. Same as with iPhone X. Argue the product on it's merit and not if you like Apple or not. It's beyond childish. Also if you note.. I said the post was (sarcastic) on purpose. ps.. lacunas is not a word.
    01-27-2018 03:31 PM
    That's the whole point, people are bashing the product when they have not even used it. There was also the prior argument over google data vs. apple data. Try the product first and then have a sound educated comment instead of bashing things. Many are bashing over the price, not over the item. Same as with iPhone X. Argue the product on it's merit and not if you like Apple or not. It's beyond childish. Also if you note.. I said the post was (sarcastic) on purpose. ps.. lacunas is not a word.
    No you are missing the point. The point is that Siri is mostly underwhelming and isn’t going to be vastly improved with the launch of the HomePod. It’s also not launching with a full feature set. The audio may be great, but I don’t know that that justifies the price.

And privacy doesn’t have anything to do with it. It’s not privacy that keeps Siri from being more useful. Privacy isn’t keeping Siri from being able to answer questions without just giving a we link. It’s lack of development for it because Apple thinks it’s great in its current form, as evidence by them launching it on Macs with zero improvement over the phone Siri.
    01-27-2018 03:41 PM
118 1234 ...