Is the HomePod worth $349 USD to you?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If your home is setup for home automation then it may be worth the price, but I don’t have any of that stuff set up so it is not worth the price for “me” - at least not at this time...

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Apparently the sound quality is tremendous. That being said, I'm more interested in Siri type stuff. Might consider Google home if it interacts with Sonos in the near future.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I think the price is honestly on par with other similar products. If the sound quality is premium then it's justified. The HK Studio speaker I've got retails at $360. But it doesn't include any of the smart features the HomePod is said to contain. If the HomePod can offer premium sound AND the smart features, then it's definitely worth it to me. I think once people start comparing products and take the audio quality into account (if it's as good as advertised) they will see the price really isn't that expensive.

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I think we need a better comparo versus competitors on an even playing field before we can determine this for sure. Rene immediately compared it to the Sonos Play:3 favorably, but I need to have a better understanding of what the thing is, first.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
The new HomePod is going to be priced at $349 USD. Do you feel that's the right price? Too expensive? Too cheap? or just right?

If you like music I suppose the HomePod would be fine. But if you want to listen to music then invest in a better speaker system.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
As others have mentioned, I think it all comes down to the quality of sound being produced. It's a speaker first with Siri and touch integration. 😃 So I'll definitely have to take a listen when it launches. If it sounds amazing, then I would say the $349 is worth the price. Who knows, we might see some $329 sales.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I think it's a bit too expensive. The Apple tax as I've heard it called. ;) I GET that it's a bit more premium than the 179 dollar Echo, or 129 dollar Google Home, but 350? I would have been much for comfortable at 250 or 299, BUT it's Apple so it's always just a BIT more. ;) lol

If I really want to go high end I'll get a Sonos thank you ever much!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
From everything I've read about it, I think the price is fine. I'm not in the market for such a thing, but someday, maybe! Before that, a new iPhone, and possibly air pods are on my Apple bucket list!

jlb21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I have $200 in store gift cards that I will put towards one IF, and only IF, it integrates with Match for Siri use. Otherwise, I may get a Sonos or a Bose with my GCs.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Update: if the audio is indeed as described by Serenity then, yeah, it might be worth it.

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
For me, if it's better than the Play:3 sound wise, it's probably worth $350. However, and this is a big thing, if you're planning on expanding in any way, you're likely going to get more real value out of a Play:3. The ability to add a Play:1 in another room for between $100-$200 is a great value.

By contrast, you spend $350 on a HomePod and the only expansion option (when it is supported) will be to add ANOTHER $350 speaker.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Well, $1k for a new iPhone, $500 for an iPad and $400 for a watch. $350 for an homepod? Maybe.......but not from me.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner